Pulsar Tech Gear Mens Watch PF3647

ha! You hear this everytime there’s a watch on woot.
They must be reading the threads.

From the description:

“There are two sides to this debate: One group claims that computers, cell phones and other ubiquitous features of the gadgetscape have rendered wristwatches obsolete. The other group… comprises grown-ups.”

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/WootSpitzer.jpg

***I took my troubles down to Madame Rue
You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth
She runs the Emperors Club down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
Sellin’ little bottles of Love Potion Number Nine

I told her that I was a flop with chics
I’ve been this way since 2006
She looked at my palm and she made a magic sign
She said “From now on you’ll be known as, Client Number Nine”

She bent down and turned around and gave me a wink
She said “I’m gonna make it up right here in the sink”
It smelled like turpentine, it looked like Indian ink
I held my nose, I closed my eyes, I took a drink

I didn’t know if it was day or night
I started kissin’ everything in sight
When I got to Hotel Room number 871 I was feelin fine
I knocked on the door and said, “It’s Client Number 9″

Client Number Nine
Client Number Nine

Client Number Ni-i-i-i-iiine***

Oh, yeah… in for 3 myself. Great deal on a great watch and burfdays are fast approachin’ !

The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Case Dimensions: 46 mm wide x 13 mm thick
Bracelet Dimensions: 24 mm wide x 9.5 inches long

then in this case this watch should be perfect for you since it is only 24mm wide not the “typical” 36-38

now the case on the other hand… would be to large for you to have on your wrist but then again … who would use a watch case as a accessory

The watch “case” is the part that contains the operative part of the watch (hands/face/movement), the “bracelet” is the “band” part of the watch. (wow, did I really have to explain that to someone? geez)

Make no mistake, this watch is a BIG watch. 46mm is a very wide diameter for the case, and 24mm is a wide bracelet – most mens “dress” watches are 16mm-20mm on the band and in the 30-38 mm range for the case.

The upside though is with all that steel in the case (note the distance from the edge of the face to the edge of the case – lots of metal there) and the mineral crystal, that this watch would be a Russian tank. You could beat the crap out of it and it would still be OK.

I have a Pulsar (among many others) obtained off of Woot a year ago, been running without a hitch all that time. As someone mentioned above, Pulsar is owned by Seiko, so you’re essentially getting a Seiko at a discount (they share many of the same movements).

I’m in the same boat… Got a Seiko on Woot about two years ago, couple others along the way, and just picked up a Citizen Eco-Drive for a deal on Ebay too. Glad this one seems a little too large to me, cuts the urge to get it.

Seems like a great deal though!

watches may look nice but now-a-days evn prepaid cell phones have clocks and stop watches on them… not much use for anyone with a cellphone unless you think you look “stunning”

That’s the problem with our technology age… people don’t care as much about how they look since there’s less person-to-person interaction.

It is an accessory; men do not accessorize the way women do, but I guarantee women notice the things like watches, shoes, etc… they do not have to make us think we look “stunning”

Besides, turning my wrist to see the time is a lot easier than digging my phone out of my pocket, or even you unclipping it from your waist holster perhaps… think that thing makes you look “stunning”?

I am a woman and I notice a man’s watch. If he is constantly looking at his cell phone to check the time it appears he is checking for a call/text/pix. Something other than the time. It’s not a good look. Watches, like this one, are classy, and women love them…so buy lots (you’re welcome woot).

Looks ok at first, but there is something I don’t quite like about it, not sure what:-P. The face design just doesn’t look all that great to me, gonna have to stick with my current stainless steel fossil watch, has withstood a lot of abuse.

_Justin s

P.S. I agree, I love having my watch right there to look at, plus people could possibly just look at it if they need to know the time. Or maybe even break the ice if you aren’t a social person cause people will know that your a person they can go to if they need to know the time.:stuck_out_tongue: ALSO it is good to know how to actually read a clock instead of looking like an idiot because you are so used to digital.
In short, the watch is timeless pun intended. haha.

Nice looking watch, but it looks very unfriendly to lefties.

That’s like saying not much need for oxford shoes, i got these flip flops. Can you imagine being at an elegant party or restaurant and pulling out the ol’ motorola to check the time? It’s not about “stunning” Its about class, my friend. I’m not saying buy this particular watch, but every man should own at least one halfway decent chrono.

MSRP is 250 according to www.pulsarwatches.com !!

Linky below shows it on the official Pulsar website.

http://www.pulsarwatches.com/home2.asp#Watch_gallery/Technology/Alarm_Chronograph/MEN’S/Tech_Gear/PF3647

I bought one…looking forward to it! w00t

yeah!

I bought a stainless steel Lorus (another Seiko brand) from Sams some years ago. When I’m well tanned, that watch gets compliments. It has a large bezel as well.

>> Thanks for the good info. Can you describe how the alarm works?

The sub-dials are somewhat not obvious.

Alarm:
The sud-dial on the bottom is used to set the alarm. Normally it runs “with” the current time. When you want to set up the alarm, you set it ahead for the time that you want. Since it has an hour and a minute hand, you can set max 12 hours in advance. Once the time “catches” up with the set alarm time it will either beep in short beeps if the chrono is currently counting or beep continuously (which I find annoying) if the chrono is stopped. You can’t set it for a recurring alarm.

Chrono:
The main seconds hand is not used to show time seconds, but for the chrono. The left subdial is the current seconds hand. I was actually a little disappointed about that. I sometimes let the chrono run just to have the big seconds hand move and lift my spirit :slight_smile:

The top dial is the chrono (together with the big seconds handle). It will show max 60min

I really really really want this watch…if hadn’t bought this INVICTA last month from the Woot side deal. i consider myself a tech-oriented person, but there is nothing like having a nice mechanical watch on my wrist, it makes me feel classy…and for me, i’ll take any class i can get…

I hate to say it, but a 1.8 inch wide case is too large for my wrist. If it was 1.5 inch it would be great. (46mm roughly equals 1.8 inches). Would have to change the band too, unless this one is easier to adjust than it looks? comments?