Pumpkin Punchers - Pumpkin Carving Kit

Pumpkin Punchers - Pumpkin Carving Kit

ā€˜pumpkin gutterā€™

Smash Smashing Pumpkins GIF by Wright State University

ā€¦that just sounds wrong.
Much like NOT including a mallet in the kitā€¦I mean, come on, how else will children bring the Spirit of Halloween to life??? With a their hands???
:jack_o_lantern::fist_left::no_entry_sign:
:jack_o_lantern::hammer::heavy_check_mark:

Ya know, I came to Woot! for the deals. I stay for the product descriptionsā€¦the people here are kinda cool, too

3 Likes

I got these last year, they became my nemesis

1 Like

You cut your hands on them, right?
They didnā€™t go all the way thru the pumpkin, either, did they?
Ended up destroying a perfectly respectable jack-oā€™-lantern?
I kept in envisioning the child with bloody stumps for hands, which is delightful to think about on Halloween, but Iā€™m pretty sure parents might not find the same glee as I do in the product.
:jack_o_lantern:
death bloody hands GIF

3 Likes

They are far more cookie cutter than pumpkin puncture

3 Likes

7 Likes

Heā€™ll never notice.

5 Likes

OH YES HE WILL

5 Likes

Mallet not included?

1 Like

It might include Will going to your house.

1 Like
7 Likes

I doubt if this is easier or safer than drawing a design on a pumpkin, cut open & gut the pumpkin, carve design with a steak knife or sheetrock saw, insert short candleā€¦

ALSO, COOK THOSE SEEDS!!
Save seeds, wipe them off (donā€™t rinse them).
Spread seeds in single layer on a cookie sheet with 1 glop of cooking oil. Salt.
Toss pan into 400 degree oven.
Stir them every 5 or 6 minutes.
Remove when 3/4 of them are browned (about 15 min).
Donā€™t over-cook them.

5 Likes

I like those little serrated knives for pumpkin carving, I wish they were around when I was little. Would have saved me from a few major cuts.

2 Likes

I was reading something which suggested that it would be better to carve the design before emptying the pumpkin, as it would make it easier to hold aforementioned pumpkin.

As somebody who has never even touched a pumpkin (let alone owned one), Iā€™m clueless about if the advice makes sense.

1 Like

Iā€™m a fan of gutting it then carving it. Some pumpkins have thick walls and youā€™ve got to thin that down or youā€™ll snap your stabby stick.

4 Likes

Dollar tree sells pumpkin carving stuff now and itā€™s the best pumpkin carving knife Iā€™ve ever bought. Itā€™s like tripe as thick so it doesnā€™t bend and it cuts right through the pumpkin so thatā€™s great too

3 Likes

Those few cuts are how you learn how to handle a knife (and I was a cub scout & we learned knife safety early on).
As for major cuts? That sounds bad! I never did any major damage to myself with a knife or saw.

2 Likes

Yes. Gut it, carve it.
I sometimes draw the face on firstā€¦

3 Likes

I just remember a cut across my palm when I was likeā€¦ 6 or 7
The worse cut I ever had was from a ā€œsafetyā€ knife. SMH

1 Like

Could you see any scenario where the suggestion WOULD make sense?