Pure Digital Flip MinoHD 2-Hour Digital Camcorder

Well, sure, but you can always crop the frame later and get the same effect, and at least that way you don’t have to throw away the pixels if you don’t want to.

Have one. Love it! Great size, fits in my pocket easily. Smaller than my iPhone. No USB issues. Works with my Mac and my wife’s PC. I paid $150 at Best Buy a few months ago for the same thing. Ugh!

Reviews say that yes you can zoom during recording on this model.

I bought a refurbished Sony a couple of days ago after seeing a deal on another website:

Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5 Camcorder Refurbished $55, Feb 21

Sony Store has Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5 Camcorder Refurbished for $127 - $78 off with coupon code “OUTLETPM5W” + $5 shipping = $55. [review]

The Sony can do 1080p at 30 fps, or 720p at 60 fps with zoom. Seems to be a better deal than this one.

Woot, you can do better.

Please don’t sent it as a gift to other folks. Many people hate receiving refurbished gift.

If your cell phone offers you HD video, sure you don’t need this product. Most cell phones don’t though.
Well, this one only gives you 720p and only at 30 fps. I would consider it a crap.

FYI- I bought one at a garage sale and fully charged, it wouldn’t film for more than 10 min, then 5, 3, 1, 30 seconds.

It was out of warranty and the company said they would look at it for $79 and if it couldn’t be fixed would give me a credit toward buying another. I passed and started googling.

A FABULOUS human being posted a video on youtube, showing the reset button inside the hole where the stand screws in. One large paperclip, held for 10-15 seconds, 3 times in a row, FIXED IT.

Love mine too. Goes everywhere. Takes lousy action shots of my turtles, they dive too fast. Otherwise, love it.

Refurbished my %^&, they hit the reset button.

I appreciate the complaint. But there’s no reason that a shortie USB extension cord of 8" (about) would not solve this and even make the unit easier to use no matter if it plugs in easily or not.

I figure ‘everything’ in our world that’s so full of stuff genuinely needs some adjustment, modification, or ‘hacking’.

As a scientist working with consumer technology, daily, it’s a ‘bad thing’ that companies don’t regularly help consumers to adapt their purchase(s) to personal needs. If we have to wait for, or until, products are made adaptable (using nanotechnology for example) it will be years and so much money, time and frustration. We really need people to write and speak up ‘against’ products that are not perfectly designed so that companies will make products adaptable to personal needs.

Please … write to your suppliers and complain. And don’t buy so much if you’re just trying to compensate for other unhappiness. Back off, write a letter, and improve the world for everyone! Seriously. : )

I’ve had another Flip HD and it’s worked very well with my MacBook Pro. . .but never thought about the height. I can vouch for the fact that they play nicely with each other, though.

That code doesn’t work

I have older Flip and it’s worked great. Model U1120W - Flip Ultra (2nd Generation).Only negative is low lighting. That is probably issue with older models. The USB is NOT an issue and can easily be used with USB extension cable. Flip sells for $$$ but you can get online for reasonable price. This is a good deal. Good video, easy to use…if you trash it it’s not that much of a loss. Get a good smallcamera case to protect it. Mine’s a Lowepro, fits good and snug.

Does anyone have experience with this in cold weather? i.e. 20 degrees and below. I really am in the market for a video device to go snowboarding with. just wondering how bad does the battery suffer in the cold?

I bought one of these for $35 on Craigslist and it works wonders. God could only tell what you’re going to record for 2 hours because I have the 4GB one and it’s more than enough for what I need.

Of course, it’s not as good as the high priced, high quality cameras out there. For what it is, it works great. Sure, the mic sucks and there isn’t any kind of options to adjust the lens but for the money, it’s worth having. And the battery life on these are amazing. It last longer than 1 hour, which is good for me because that’s as much as I can record.

Not quite feeling this … a new Samsung HMX-E10 that would do 1080P can be had for $70 right now. Memory not included, of course, but you’re not locked into only 8GB either.

I have one & LOVE it, with one small exception. There is no cover for the lens when you’re not using it so it’s pretty easy for it to get scratched up. But the HD images are SO clear & the audio is great!

I know, stunningly original, no? I could copy over the previous useful links from that previous woot, but then I get criticized for stealing other people’s work, even when you give them the credit. I gave up and just decided to simply link up the previous woot’s comments, so that anyone can look up the wisdom of past comments. I figure it’s not hard and it’s useful, but when I’m not up at this hour and look up a woot later, too often no-one’s put up the link to the previous woot. Oh well.

George Santayana: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

edit: and for what it’s worth, more good comments from the October woot:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4184544

Yes you can.

I was outside taping a concert with mine for about 3 hours in 17 degree weather with it snowing. No problems for me.

LOL - Please?

Wow,

Many people? What kind of person do you mean? You perhaps?

It’s a Gift for god’s sakes. You Hate Gifts? I wonder what kind of person would concider giving a gift to some one so picky?

I hate people who perceive gifts as a business transaction. They should be happy that someone thinks enough about them to use their time and resources to give them anything. People who hate ‘refurbished’ gifts shouldn’t be given anything.