Pure Digital Flip MinoHD 2 Hour Digital Camcorder

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Pure Digital Flip MinoHD 2 Hour Digital Camcorder
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Pure Digital Flip M2120M MinoHD Digital Camcorder w/2" LCD, 720p, 8GB, mini-HDMI - Brushed Metal

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

grabbed one of these earlier this year. As great as the video is, the sound is much better than i wouldve expected.

Here’s some video i took w/ it skiing a green in Tahoe.

Digital camcorders are great if you aren’t expecting to replace a full-size unit. The digital zoom comes at a high price in the loss of resolution.

But they are so tiny you’re more apt to carry it and capture moments.

Has anyone taken one of these to a concert or otherwise poorly lit, soundfilled area and tried using them? How were the results?

I borrowed a friend’s Kodak Zi8 for a few months last year, and after using it, I can’t let myself buy a Flip. I use the camera to record lessons for review (I’m a teacher), and 8 GB without the option to add more room is pretty limiting.

Here’s a review of the MinoHD that mentions some of the issues. I think it’s a great price, but I’ll hold out for a great price on a better camera.

Better Amazon Link

Lol man, that timing. I was dieing the past month looking through two wootoffs and comparing so many HD camcorders getting ready for a convention I’m going to this weekend.

I’m actually kinda glad that this came today because theres no way it’d get to my house in 2 days which is when I’d need it by lol, otherwise I would have been mad at myeslf, reason being I just bought a minoHD flipcam but its only 60 minutes not 120, albeit it was cheaper and used only a handful of times so its still in like-new condition, but had this woot come maybe 3-4 weeks ago I’d have jumped on it SO fast.

Disappointed in myself a bit, but not that much since woots timing is supremely impeccable and would have come in a few days after the convention anyways

whew

Most of my videos are from the Flip Ultra HD. More or less the same except for the size of the unit.

YouTube video:

Unboxing & First Look

Pure Digital Flip MinoHD versus Mino (Part 1 of 2)

Pure Digital Flip MinoHD versus Mino (Part 2 of 2)

I might need this for a project or podcast later. I do not need HD; does anyone know if I can shoot the video in lower resolution?

Speaking of the Kodak Zi8

Some reviews:

pcworld

techradar

videomaker

After reading some reviews, I have noticed that earlier in the year there were connectivity issues with Macs. Since these are refurbished, does anyone know if this could be an issue?

Just as an idea of the sound quality, I took this with a Kodak zi8 and no external mic.

I’d assume both this and the zi8 are very similar.

That’s exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for! Does it handle the noise of an electric set as well? Thanks!

I got both from a local store several months ago to compare. The sound on the Zi8 is much much worse.

Since Santa will be asking for my help in a couple of months I’m in for 2.

i borrowed my friends mino same model as this one. i read the reviews online saying it had good recording in dark concerts and sound was great. i looked up videos and was convinced so i borrowed it. my link has the videos from the mino. i was sad there was that thumping sound from the loud music vibrating through the air hitting the mic of the mino. i don’t blame the mino since there were a lot amps/stereo’s stacked on the walls.

Bah, this sucks woot. I bought a b-stock creative vadoHD something like 12 hours ago, and then you put up a deal on one of these.

Anybody know if this is much better than the VadoHD? The vado was cheaper, but I hear Flip has the best video quality of these pocket cams.

I’ll sacrifice the audio quality for image stabilization, but that’s just me…