Pure Digital Flip MinoHD 2 Hour Digital Camcorder

I don’t see a specific model number or generation number anywhere. Did I miss it somehow? Can anyone confirm it please?

Just did a little homework and I discovered that the Flip MinoHD came out with a 3rd generation product on September 20, 2010. The new build offers nearly identical features as the 2nd generation, offering only the addition of image stabilization.

I didn’t want to buy the second generation product, only to have a new version pop up with full 1080p HD support. Now that I know that they won’t be coming out with such a product until at least next years model I am more interested in getting this one.

Yes. It is very good in low light and the sound is great, too.

I’m not sure I follow. Are you saying that the respiffed ones all have problems, or that this entire model (new, respiff, etc.) does?

These are actually quite decent… but I don’t like them very much at all.

You beat me to it…
The ‘commentary’ on this Woot is very inappropriate.

I paid $250 exactly 1 year ago. It was and continues to be worth every penny.

Before this, I had a Mini-DV camcorder, purchased in 2001 for $650. It’s been used a small handful of times. We had our first kid in 2006. There’s basically no video of her for the first 3 years of life.

Then I got this Flip camera. It’s always on top of the fridge. The battery maintains a decent charge. There’s no numbing capture procedure to get it onto your PC. I now shoot dozens of 1-5 minute videos all the time.

It’s truly the difference between my kids not having any video of themselves vs. having just the right amount.

Oh, and it sucks in low-light conditions. The image gets all grainy. The fixed focus lens isn’t going to help you get your cinematography merit badge either.

No… Amazon

Anyone else having a hard time logging in? I want to buy one but it keeps bouncing me back to the login page. So much for my impulse buy of the day.

If it wasn’t for bad taste I’d have no taste at all

Given the lack of SD card expansion, I’d expect this to be an Apple i-product

I hope Flip’s quality control and customer service Has got better since my old Flip stopped working after 3 months…Neither was of any use.I thnk flip refers to what you do to the product…(into the trash can…)

The commentary/ad copy is not nearly as bad as the adult movie that I am going to shoot with my MinoHD, based on the trapped miners and subsequent rescue.

I’m thinking of calling it “Sex with Miners”. It’s a sequel to my last adult movie, “Barely Legal Prospectors”.

Idle battery life on these is really excellent. Mine tends to live at the bottom of my purse, and I’ve occasionally wanted to use it weeks or months after its last charge–and it still has a decent charge!

I just used a Kodak Zi8 for a work project and handed out a bunch of these Flips to some PAs to capture broll and random sots for our website… I like the Flip video better and the sound rivaled my Zi8 that had an external mic attached.
Also, the Flip attaches much more securely to the computer than the Kodak. I’ve also never had any problems connecting to my MacBook Pro with either camera. In for one!

so i went on their website and it said the current one has image stabilization. is this the latest gen or the one before?

I bought one of these when they first came out. I hang it both horizontally and vertically off of the usb port all the time. I have never had a problem. I also bought some usb extension cables which work really well.

Was the Mino attached to your helmet? If so, how? Is helmet mounting hardware available? Did mountain cold affect battery life?

Anyone know how this compares to the Creative Vado??