Pure Digital Flip MinoHD 2 Hour Digital Camcorder

too bad. i got mine. works so far. didn’t record anything but my battery had 1/2 a charge on it. was able to plug it in. was able to set the date and time and language. so far so good. guess i should try recording… but i like it so far!

Got mine today after I had to drive to the Fedex Home Delivery place… so much for delivery!

Plugged mine in as soon as I got home, and it showed about 75% battery… I didnt do anything…just left it to charge completely. Unplugged it after that (didnt take long), and set time, date, etc. Recorded a couple samples and everything looks good so far. Good buy so far.

Got mine, charged it, recorded about 15 seconds of video. Tried it again this morning - it’s dead. :frowning:

Attempted to reset it to no avail.

I love mine! I have been playing with it all week-end and have had no problem.

Great buy: not a single problem or anything. Just charged it when I got it and started pushing on the buttons and creating my account on flipshare.

Finally got mine today. Wow, what a nice box! Anyway, I plugged it in, without trying to turn it on, based on comments so far. The computer recognized it as a hard drive, and I opened and installed the software. It downloaded an upgrade.

I let it charge for about an hour, then I shot a video. Wow is all I can say! Everything I expected. Sound is great, even the zoom is pretty good. I did a video in full light, of course, I am not expecting to do low light videos with this thing.

So far I am very happy!

Can not get the camera to download anything. Apparently the software in camera did not download. Woe is me. Is there a manual?

Ron

Mine came with a quick start guide.

I suggest you plug yours in for about an hour. the unplug and replug it back in, your computer should recognize it as a drive. Open it in My computer (windows explorer) and then view the read me file. It tells you how to install the software.

Is it just my imagination or does the camcorder get really warm within five minutes or so of use?

!!! Virus alert !!!
Got mine, fully charged right out of the box. Since they’re refurbished I think we can expect different levels of battery charge across our woots. It works great, none of the scary “you’ll have to destroy your USB port to plug it in” issues. Vids look great. No complaints about the hardware.
HOWEVER, you should all scan your Flips with an antivirus software that checks removable drives. My Flip arrived with a worm loaded on it (identified as Win32/SillyFDC by Microsoft Forefront & Win32:Trogen-Gen by Avast). This worm is designed to spread through USB drives. Luckily, I run Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.4, both of which have the ‘autorun’ feature disabled by default.

Scan your Flip before plugging them in to other computers or this worm will spread.

Flappingcrane is correct.
from mine:
Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Security Risk Found!
Risk: W32.SillyFDC
Action taken: Cleaned by Deletion
Date found: Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:56:08 PM

Flip works perfectly.
Remember to fully charge if having troubles.

I scanned mine with Microsoft Security Essentials, and it found nothing. I sure hope MSE is capable of finding that, and I just am lucky in that mine did not have it.

First electronics WOOT purchase and LAST WOOT purchase. I ordered two of these little flips. One worked and one didn’t. No recourse on the broken one, so I’m just out the money. Buyer beware on all electronics, heck, probably any product. Sorry woot but you lost a customer.

You do have a 90 day warranty on your Flips through Pure Digital. Contact them, and they should be able to exchage your broken one. You can always send a email to service@woot.com too.

Received mine fully charged and recorded a short clip with no issues before putting it away. Took it out for it’s first use yesterday and when I press the Record button, the displayed image changes colors with a mostly purple tint and jumps around, mostly off the edge of the display screen so that I can’t see what’s being recorded.

I plugged it into the computer, already had FlipShare installed from another Mino I have but it downloaded and installed an update. Restarted the computer and it updated software on the Flip. The recorded video is just fine, the problem is only the display on the camera. Tried it again after the updates but the display still goes purple and moves around.

Considering these are refurbs and they sold hundreds (thousands?) there are bound to be some bad ones. Like the previous poster said, you do have a 90 day warranty. Get it taken care of. Simply eating it is dumb.

Here’s a recording of the MinoHD recording action shots, this was a basketball game in a gym. I transferred it off the flip to my drive and then just uploaded it straight to youtube.

Mine came fully charged, absolutely nothing wrong with it, sans teeny scratches you can barely see if you’re not looking. Going to try it snowboarding like the prior post

It’s a great gem.

Mine died 2 weeks after we got it - Working on an exchange now.

The USB is sized weird and difficult to plug into many adapters - You have to lift up on it.

I’m going to get an extension so I don’t whack the USB ports on our laptops.