Pure Digital Flip MinoHD Digital Camcorder

There are some reviews for other models of the Flip on buzzillions. And they’re pretty much all good.
http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&cat=&extra=all-product&Ntt=Pure+Digital+Flip+FVF460

$60

• free shipping
    Refurbished Sony Webbie Memory Stick HD Camcorder for $60 + free shipping
    Sony Style offers the factory-refurbished Sony Webbie MHS-PM1 Memory Stick HD Digital Camcorder in Violet for $59.99. (Add it to your cart to get this price.) With free shipping, it’s $10 under ou… (more)
    Hotness: Posted 4 hr 38 min ago

I would think it would still be useful if you were on a trip somewhere and couldn’t bring a notebook or PC to dump what you’ve recorded. Most casual users (those who are likely going to use the flip) usually have no need to record for more than 2 hours nonstop.

Captures 1 hour of incredible HD video on 4GB of built-in memory; no additional memory needed

you have to download vids (via USB) in order to continue filming.

Video Review from CNET Down Under

i’m concerned about the 2x zoom, will this be enough to get my kids at their baseball and soccer games with sufficient quality?

thanks?

1st or 2nd Generation?

YouTube videos:

Unboxing & First Look

MinoHD versus Mino (Part 1 of 2)

Pure Digital Flip MinoHD versus Mino (Part 2 of 2)

Review

great camera, but if you’re taking it in the ocean, make sure the cover is really closed on your underwater case (accessory), or you’ll have to buy a replacement on woot.

Here we go with the penultimate question – what kind of BATTERY LIFE are we talkin’ 'bout over here?..

EDIT: I’m not referring to time between charges, but rather total battery life - as in how many deep cell charges?..

It says on the description page: up to 2 hours.

i own one of these and the biggest draw back of them is the fail zoom, it’s a worthless 2x zoom, hardly noticeable, it takes great short to medium range videos but if your son/daughter are on the other side of the field it isn’t as great.

Here’s a comparison video on Vimeo that compares the video quality of the Mino HD with the Kodak Zi6.

Feel free to watch more footage. I made my decision about six months ago and got a Zi6.

You can save about $25 and buy a refurbished Zi6 from Amazon.

Sadly, the mino has no underwater case for it… i have looked and looked and looked… only the ultra’s

These cameras are awesome. I keep mine in my purse and have been able to catch the kids doing some crazy/funny/amazing stuff thanks to it.

Its very easy to transfer the videos to the computer and editing and sharing couldn’t be easier.

I highly recommend this camera and remember, they make great gifts, even for grandparents.

Amazon reviewer says beware of older model
214 of 235 people found the following review helpful:
Video of the USB Flaw on Both Mac AND Acer Laptops, January 10, 2010
By Sidney
This review is from: Flip MinoHD Camcorder 2nd Generation, 2 Hours (Brushed Metal) (Electronics)

Length:: 1:55 Mins

We bought this camera because we lost our first generation Flip MinoHD, which we loved. I’m sad to report that the USB issues mentioned by countless others are real, and I decided it was worth posting a video that clearly shows the extent of the issue so as to help convince others not to waste their money. This simply doesn’t work with Macs, and as you can see from this video it also doesn’t work with an Acer Aspire One netbook (~20% of all netbooks currently being shipped). This is a fundamental flaw with the product and is completely inexcusable.

UPDATE 4/19/2010
It seems likely that Cisco has attempted to resolve this issue in the lots now leaving their manufacturing facility. Indeed, there was for a few days a carefully worded “we know this is an issue, but don’t want to get in too much trouble, so we’ll only partially acknowledge the problem” notice at the top of this page informing

I’d like to sneak one inside of my motorcycle helmet and get some video of rides. I’ve seen people fit these thin digital cams in there. Anybody have any input on that?

I have one of these love how easy it is to use! It’s great when you have to start it in a hurry. We zipped lined of the Great Wall of China and this was perfect for capturing our ride! You don’t want to be thinking about much when you jump so a big play button was exactly what we needed.

Underwater video requires some serious light. With an entry-level camera like the Flip, even if you had an underwater case, the video quality would be horrendous. They have those universal ‘plastic bag’ housing, but unlikely to be worth the trouble.

I use a Canon A630 in SD video mode and a $200 Canon underwater housing. On a sunny day in Hanauma Bay (Oahu), in 18 inches of snorkeling depth, it’s great. On overcast day, the video gets really grainy. The Flip has a far smaller lens/aperature so underwater duty would be very limited.

No. It wont be sufficient. More a small to medium room… it is intimate.