Pure Digital Flip Ultra Series F260 Camcorder

I don’t know why all of you people complain about the flip. They make perfect camcorders when you’re on the go. Also, give em to the kids for presents. You know they eat up anything that’s neon colored.

I have one, its great!

I kinda hate it a little now though… I was really hoping there’d be a woot-off. FIAL!

My brother has one of these. He rigged it on a monopod and videos himself doing stuff like hiking (a la Survivorman). For things like that, these are mighty convenient, but for taking vids you actually want to use (like DVD quality), get something else.

For whoever said these suck:
They most certainly do not, I used them for (stupid, but that’s irrelevant) a class project where we had to interview someone, and I was pleasantly surprised with the audio and the video. Besides, what are you expecting for $70?? They take about as good of video as a digital camera might

Poor reviews across the board!

Yes.

Surprisingly, these things have gotten some pretty good reviews.

Specs from the product site

I’ve bought several of these for the school I support and they get used ALL the time.

The picture and sound are really good for such a small unit and really, and it is extremely easy to upload the video (sent some on a field trip and the video was uploaded to YouTube before the kids got home–good for parents, good for educational use later).

More toys for your kids…Buy one of these and a bucket of AAs and your little boy can become the next “lonelygirl15” youtube star!

60min recording is a long time for youtube for anything else it suxxors!

Everyone else can go to sleep and dream of sugarplums and AAs.

Wow… CONS from a review: quality of picture, cheap feel, short battery life, no image stabilization, poor image quality

So basically it’s nice and small, but takes cruddy pictures.

limit on youtube is 10 min. try vimeo

Wow, these again? Shouldn’t that qualify them for permanent sellout.woot status?

Lower the price and these would sell better! I can get a 2GB MicroSD card for my phone and shoot as good of quality photos as this, then take out said SD card, put it in my computer, and transfer things. Can’t connect directly to a TV, but it’s $60 cheaper that way.

Can be a lot of fun but keep in mind it’s a cheapo with crappy optics and no image stabilization.

The best part is that if it falls into water, you can get another without shedding a tear.

Always interested in what the pros (or maybe it’s just their kids who have written the reviews as a school project?) have to say over at cnet.

These are pretty good, my mom has one and she loves it. these are not for making a feature length movie… but, if you want to record a kids event and don’t want to spend 500+ on a full size camcorder, it works.

(better then the video record on your digital camera, and its very small)

Product Reviews

A bit promising everyone should buy one!

I have to admit, every time these are posted, I want them more. They seem like they’d be great for ahem sneaking into concerts.

On the other hand, though, what sort of advantage do these have over a compact digital camera with video capability? If I wanted stills and video, would I have to take this in addition to my camera?

My 15 year old daughter uses hers with Vista and hasn’t had a problem.

here is a good review of the product