Pure Digital Mino 60 Minute Camcorder

I agree. We have a nicer camcorder that we pull out for soccer games or birthday parties. This is a great item to keep in your purse or around the house when you don’t want to pull the nicer one out of a case. I did find the quality to be decent, and the sound was great.

gave todays deal a shout out on the blog.

no no no.

you misunderstood.

the other night sellout woot had a $35 flip camera and i ended up buying it to see what it was like.

I loved it and will be getting the HD version down the road when this one bites the dust.

I’m a tcom major at YSU and know a ton about audio/video stuff and agree that it matters when you shoot anything, but for a quick on the fly thing…you can’t beat it (the $35 refurb i got that is).

I wish FLIP would get a model that has a mic jack in it like the new Kodak.

Bought one last time woot! had these. Let me just tell you one thing, they’re awesome! They are good enough quality to film most anything (recently filmed a drive, sped it up X4 and blew it up on a projector screen, and it still looked awesome) and they are cheap so you don’t have to worry about them breaking along the way (although you probably don’t have to worry as I have dropped it twice and it is still in near perfect shape). I’m heavily debating whether I should get another one in black…

seriously, this isnt even HD and it’s a refurb, wtf

how?

this thing isn’t meant to look like an HD canon.

it’s meant for quick clips to go onto youtube.

would you use the flip to shoot a film?

now i’ll give you that the HD version is a wonderful product, but still, it lacks a lot to consider using for anything SERIOUS.

…but on the other hand, the possibilities are potentially limitless.

ah pardon the mistake, was slightly confused

i did some research and this flip cam is approximately 100 dollars cheaper then the high definition one, steep price, but great result

For all those people with ugly children, sure, go with the low definition one, but if you truly are proud, quality in picture means quality in memory (think about it)

if you are truly interested in being able to make professional quality, this is not your product, if you’re looking to throw 75 dollars at a refurbished camera, wouldnt it be prudent to get some background understanding of the other New products available first?

I have 2 of these they work great.

That creepy mannequin head always makes me laugh.

This is a fantastic product - film quality no - but more than great for general usage - simple to use - easy to upload - really can not say enough about this product - have two that I bought new for my business new some time back - at this price decided to buy one for personal use - unless you are a video snob you will LOVE this product!!

Yes a great result for +$100.

low def? is that what it is called today lol!

STANDARD DEF is a good budget way to do things in today’s economy blah blah blah.

I don’t know many people who really care about if a birthday party is HD or not lol!

I’m 100% with you on being a good consumer, but sometimes price beats quality (especially when you only wanted to try the product out in the first place like I did).

I’m a “video snob” and I still love the flip.

What do you use it for in your business?

I like my 30min flip. Although there are many flip knockoffs now. So I will have to think about it. Tempted to buy a no name HD flip knock off on ebay.

1. Is this HD?
  2. How many CCDs does it have?
  3. Does it have Firewire?
  4. Does it have built-in GPS?
  5. Does it work wirelessly?

I hope it has some sort of software to get your videos onto your pc/mac.

Flip has it built-in and it’s super easy to use.

I discovered that it’s not a ‘drag and drop’ type of device.

Good luck on whatever choice you make.

I flipped…called my husband…and he was glad that I did. grin

1. no…just standard definition.

2. no ccd…cmos i think it said in description.

3. no. built in usb arm flips out.

Today’s camera tech really doesn’t use firewire anymore…i think they’ve all gone to usb (from what i’ve seen on other flash/harddrive cams).

Hah you’re completely right, had a brain fart there…

For all those filmmakers out there, imagine the possibility of having multiple handheld (easily mounted to virtually anything) high definition cameras that can be transported by anyone, with instant gratification if you knew you had gotten the shot! this is a dream for editing!

think about the potential, the concept of the flip is amazing, all i argue is that this one is like the retarded stepchild of the real flip

Does anyone know if flip files can be converted into Avid format?

Good for you!

I’m glad he was glad.

Now what did he want a flip for? grin

lol!

NOTHING CAN CONVERT INTO AVID LOL!!!

Still agreeing with you on how great HD is, but I guess i’m more of a money saver.

I’ll put that $ toward a shiny new canon camcorder.