PureGuardian Ultrasonic Humidifier

If you have really hard water this unit is not for you.

This is the only Woot purchase I regret buying. It worked for a week and then just stopped. Tried to de-calcify, etc., and it just never worked. I called up PureGuardians support (which was very difficult to get a hold of) and they suggested I sent it back to the retailer. When I told them it was Woot, they said they didn’t know what that was. Bad experience all around.

Unit is great little machine. Had the unit for 2 winters and used it slightly for the summer. Ultra sonic disc only lasted for 75% of that time had to order a replacement off the web and do some soldering. Ultra sonic disc is showing some wear again will have to change soon. PureGuardian will not sell you any internal parts you will have to search for replacement. This is normal wear for ultrasonic discs, they should offer replacements online vs throwing out a “$100+ unit” disc only cost $2-$5. Real issue is cleaning out the reservoir were the water is held before turning into mist. They should allow for this part to come completely out for easy cleaning instead you are forced to have to dump the whole thing over to empty and than clean making sure you don’t get any water seeping into the electronic compartments. Silver lined tank is great no gunk ever inside the tank so far. They just need to work on the reservoir cleaning part and think about going to a Teflon disc. Regarding buying or not, I am sure you can find a more thoroughly designed humidifier for the price. As for regular retail price, not even close to paying for itself.

I bought 3 of these things a few years ago…all 3 are running awesome still.

mentioned there are a few drawbacks with the lack of humidity setting the biggest one for me, but not a deal breaker

I have had mine for two winters now, great product. I have been wanting a second one for a while now, so I quickly pulled the trigger when I saw this on Woot today. Note - I don’t use the warm mist function. Based on all the deposits that appear in my (soon to be replaced) warm mist humidifier, I can see how that would cause problems for some people - especially if your water quality is on the poor side.

We have two of these. Picked one up at retail, then snagged one from Woot about 2 years ago. They are very good ultrasonic humidifiers and overall i’m happy with them.
As most have already commented, calcium/lime buildup will occur, especially if you have hard water like we do. This has shortened the lifespan of the units unfortunately.
The “nightlight” is rather bright. In my sons room it’s too bright and we rarely used it. Bought when he was three and it’s still going strong.
If you need a silent humidifier, then pick this up. Just don’t expect to have it forever. Hope you get a good 3-4 years out of it and consider it a deal…

I got this last fall. It died just days after the woot warranty expired. Diodes on circuit board burned out, normal use. Just turned it on one day and smelled a burning smell. Buy at your own risk.
Oh, and it leaves tons of white dust all over your house, even on the ceiling fans.
It gurgles too, so if you are going to put it where you sleep consider that. It kept me up one night.

Bought this item a couple of years back for master bedroom and it’s still going strong, despite it not being cleaned as often as it should. Its run almost every night. The 55 hour unit in our son’s room has now been replaced twice in two years. I’m not sure why that model has crapped out well before the 120 hour, so I’m hoping for the same luck we have had with the 120.
With allergy season ramping up, we were forced to buy a Vicks humidifier. Our son doesn’t like it because it is very noisy. The Pure is very quiet and our son will be thrilled to have the quiet Pure back.

We have had two of these for the last 2 or 3 years from a previous Woot. They work great and we never experience the white dust problem - but the water here is not very hard.

Mine stopped working and no matter how much I clean it the no water light stays lit and won’t work. Anybody have a solution?

Sorry for the problem. I have a completely different air filter that uses water and a build-up would form on the part that vibrates the water (the Ultrasonic part). Once I cleaned it, it started working again.