PureGuardian Ultrasonic Humidifier

THANKS!!!

If anyone wants a spare tank for this, I got one with my Bandolier o’Carrots and haven’t gotten around to tossing it yet. We can work something out. Like, you pay shipping and it’s yours.

According to an earlier post, these things have gone up for grabs on Woot 10 times of late, and it seems that each time Woot sells a boatload of them. While I’m interested, that looks to be a whole lot of units returned to the factory for “refurbishment.” if they couldn’t get it right the first time, who’s to say Round Two is any better…and with a much-reduced warranty period?

I have this humidifier, and at this price, can’t afford NOT to get a spare. After my experience with this, I won’t settle for anything else!), but with a retail of $170, I can’t even afford it on sale! This WOOT, however… I SERIOUSLY need humidifiers & back-ups!The air is very dry here in Colorado during the winters, and I discovered long ago that the arid winter climate (I grew up in SF bay area) is problematic for me… I started getting nosebleeds all the time. That said, I’ve been through a LOT of humidifiers! The ultrasonic ones are the best, but I also found that they break too easily. Then I came across this one…

1. The reservoir really does seem to prevent bacterial and mildew. This is imperative for me. I have an immune deficiency where I stopped making some antibodies, and don’t make enough of some others, leaving me vulnerable to just about any bug out there. Also, the trick to clean it, including the ultrasonic electrode, just use a mixture of vinegar and water and let it sit for a while. No damage to the electrode, and you’ve got a clean unit again!

2. It actually controls the vapor settings, rather than using the cap ro open or close and reduce or increase vapor allowed to escape. What this means is that you can control the direction better, and instead of making the stream of vapor larger or smaller. it just reduces or increasses the amount automatically.

3. It can do warm or cold mist- great for those frigid nights! This is the first ultrasonic humidifier I’ve seen that does that. You just run it in the warm control, and in ~20 minutes it will have warmed things enough

4. Excellent warranty service. Brand new, this came with a 3-year warranty, something I’ve NEVER seen on any other humidifier. When one broke and couldn’t be fixed at home, they sent me a shipping label allowing me to return it, I shipped it, and before too long they sent a replacement that still works fine!

5. It notifies you when it’s empty. If you see the red indicator on, it’s time to refill it.

6. Very interesting night light. Not something I use, but the dial-like, blue lighting is aesthetically pleasant to see!

I can probably make more points, but these are the most important. Just remember… NEVER CLEAN IT WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN VINEGAR/WATER OR WATER ALONE. A SMALL CLEANING BRUSH IS FOUND BY OPENING ONE SIDE POCKET. THE BRUSH IS USEFUL IN CLEANING TNE ELECTRODE PLATE.

Enjoy!

Bought this item for my husband and he loves it. It sits on our headboard and gets used every night. I love how quiet it is and the fact that the light on it is great for seeing in the dark. I wish I had bought more than one.

Bought this on the date it was offered and the unit is defective. It will not produce any mist and upon shaking it, three metalic looking shiny pieces fell out of it. Not sure that these things affect the unit’s operation at all, but this thing is a paperweight with a night light at the moment. Shame is that we didn’t unbox earlier because we were waiting on the arrival of our little one before putting it to use. Contacted Woot… Hopefully they’ll do right by us and send us another or refund.