pwa: bring back lord v8r

Explain fuse vs zoomtown? Which one is your service through?

Zoomtown is the name Bell gives to their high speed DSL. Fuse is the ISP. For most people, the two names are used interchangeably.

The reason I ask is because this implies they have different settings. I was wondering if there was some kind of switch over that occured on August 1. It’s interesting that it occured on the first of the month.

I received your e-mail, but I think my reply is sitting in the outbox, although I didn’t get the error message.

I don’t know. I set it up in my Outlook when I got the service 2+ years ago and haven’t had any problems before. You can set up e-mails with either domain. I have 2 fuse.net and 2 zoomtown.com. They must be losing some clients, though. They are offering everyone $5 off their rates if you agree to keep the service for a year.

If poof finds something out from Fuse, I hope she posts back here.

Calling now.

Try this:

In Outlook Express, go to TOOLS > ACCOUNTS.
Click on the MAIL Tab, then Propierties.
Make sure “My server requires authentication” is checked

I don’t have Outlook Express and I copied these instructions from another site. You may have to hunt a bit but you re looking for the “My server requires authentication” check box.

Their engineers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve the problem.

I hope they work fast.

I wonder if it has something to do with this from a few days ago

article

L0L! Actually, if it’s effecting any of their business customers, they might get it fixed tonight.

V8R, it’s not nice to leave like that. Come back and explain yourself.

Personally, I think you are OCD and can’t see your posts go over 5000. This must mean you’ll come back in a new form.

I’m glad you saw that. I’ve been having problems for well over a month with people on AOL and Yahoo. And, yes, it’s chronic. Some get through, some don’t. And I don’t know for four days that they don’t. They better fix this.

It appears the current problem is fixed. I hope they’ve fixed the other one, too.

Yea!

I’m hoping for darthv8r00001.

So we can have a million v8r’s!

Joe, did your sons ever make capes out of those monkey shirts?

edit
no 100,000 v8r’s

not yet. We’re going to wash one really hot a couple of times and see if older son can wear it if it shrinks enough.

Most likely only as a sleep shirt. He is thin.

Sometimes T-shirts only shrink in one direction. So you end up with a very short, very wide shirt.