PWA: Hana Hou! Nau wale no.

Lucky you. I am at work, and I have to teach as well…

At least it’s not snowing and the pile of work is smaller than last week.

It’s dark and dreary and drizzly. All of which leads me to believe it’s naptime.

Rusty loves it.
Got a few inches.
Snow blower decided it didn’t want to blow. Just push and every once in awhile belch a glob of snow out a few feet.
So, had to do it by hand.
The town stopped using it’s new brine solution that worked so nice. i guess it ran out of money. We are back to sand.
I hate sand.
Gets everywhere in the house, even wiping the dogs feet and taking off the shoes.

State school and you have to work?

Not sure if son had school. He did come down for only 24 hours, so, maybe.

Great nap – for 20 minutes until the phone rang. //grumble//

I have worked my way through a huge pile of mail. Paid the few bills that aren’t drafted, answering the ones that require an answer.

20 minutes is better than no minutes.

Our school has never got it off. I’m off only because it’s my regular day of freedom.

Yup. Work work work…

Both kids were off today and the weather’s not great, so I expect them all to be strung out when I get home.

Or you could have been with them all day and then all of you would have been strung out by that time.

G’Afternoon PWA!

gotta love that fresh thread smell, airing out all the old BS to make room for the new

Well, that stunk. Must be an impending woot-off, mebbe.

Hi, Turk. Got snow?

Hmm, in the course of an hour, the forecast went from 90% chance rain/sleet to 100% chance sleet/snow - with up to 2 inches accumulation by morning. joy.

Eww. We’re supposed to have rain, sleet and snow this evening and then sleet and snow overnight, but less than a half inch.

not really much of anything here. just a dusting and some freezing rain. although there is a weather advisory saying maybe some accumulation later tonight?

I wish I could. But those kids in the class just don’t seem to learn as well by themselves.

really? Our school superintendent wants to lay off 30% of the teachers and have high school students take at least 3 of their classes through online learning.

Someone posted this on facebook today - I got a kick out of it…

Are you sick of highly paid teachers?

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or10 months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - babysit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan-- that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE…

That’s $585 X 180= $105,300

per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special

education teachers and the ones with Master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an

hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute – there’s

something wrong here! There sure is!

The average teacher’s salary

(nation wide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days

= $277.77/per day/30

students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student–a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!) WHAT A DEAL!!!

Make a teacher smile; repost this to show appreciation for all educators.

This is clever.