PWA: I'm too tired to think, so this is what you get

We’ve pretty much been in the states for a long time. I’m related to Mamie Doud Eisenhower (having Douds in my ancestry), and have some letters from her (my rents do at least).

But yeah, mostly English and German families throughout history. Pretty neat actually- lots of farmers, train conductors/engineers, and general blacksmithy folks.

My father in law decided his last name was Dutch, not English.

I just googled it, only England came up.

With me

I’m thinking the Irish/Scots might have come in the potato famine.
Don’t know

Only sure of the Italian
Someone should know about the German.

Two things I do know- I don’t have any Irish or Italian in me. At least, I haven’t found any italians in my geneologies (no spanish either).

Hey! Wait! I already said goodnight. I’m suppose to be asleep!
You guys suckered me into coming back.
Where were you all day???

Goodnight again.

What the hell do you eat?
Everyone in NYC married an Italian to get to the food.

I was hanging out with family who are all at a hotel now. (I just don’t have space to make them comfortable.)

Might have some Irish, don’t think there is any Italian. Orc might have some French. I know my father’s family has no English (unless it’s on the Scottish side), even though there is the same last name in England.

NO KIDDING!!! Orc’s family has to have everything sooooo bland! Thankfully he is different. In college he took some cooking advice from a few Taiwanese friends.

God knows most German cuisine’s nothing to write home about. I was only in Germany a few days, but I sure found nothing outstanding and there’s nothing terrific that’s been passed down in the family.

There are a few German foods I really like, but they are few. None of them were made by my family. Mom didn’t really cook at all when we were growing up. She does more now.

Mornin’, folks.

Good morning Gman and all who follow.
Parents both born and raised in Scotland,emigrated to Canada on their honeymoon in the early 50’s.I believe my paternal grandmother had a Irish maiden name.My father claimed we were decendants of viking invaders because our last name ends in “son” (danish version would be “sen”). Don’t know about that one.
I just think of myself as a former Canadian now American.

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GreenEyedGal
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning jqubed
Good Morning Zilla
Good Morning SkekTek
Good Morning Kenny
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Lynn
Good Morning Dname
Good Morning Tall
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Mydogkickzass
Good Morning NeoLuddite
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning MacDaddy
Good Morning holmesdog
Good Morning Fen
Good Morning JoeDeeDee
Good Morning Josephus
Good Morning MissLauraB
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning obob
Good Morning Iceback
Good Morning kdccrosby
Good Morning KtCallista
Good Morning Orcrist42
Good Morning darthv8r
Good Morning Pennylaned
Good Morning peglegwookie
Good Morning kalyha
Good Morning selli
Good Morning terrimeyers
Good Morning spongebrain
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning eHalcyon
Good Morning PemberDucky
Good Morning Schrobblehead
Good Morning Shan24
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning GodfatherND
Good Morning agingdragqueen
Good Morning tennisplayer121
Good Morning Chana
Good Morning Shawn
Good Morning Julie
Good Morning Rain
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else in the whole world

Good morning everybody!

Edit: English, Irish, Cherokee

morning all.

:yawn:

good morning.

Good morning!

There are regional variances in German cuisine that make a big difference. Along the eastern border, there’s a more Slavic influence so things like pierogies and blood pudding make the menu. Meat heavy dishes, usually braised in wine or beer feature prominently. German baked goods are inspired as well, particularly cakes.

(Austrian on one side, German/English/Native American on the other)

Anyone have any experience with lawn services? Are they worth it or are they scams?

We gots the moss problem and low-light grass, and I’m getting sick of fighting with it. But at the same time, I’m reasonably handy and if it’s just a matter of spray and wait, I can do that myself…

I tried one for a season and fired them (TruGreen) They couldn’t spread their treatments evenly and I ended up with green trails meandering throughout the lawn.

I wasn’t that sold on them. I now get a mowing service that will do the regular fertilzing for me.

For moss, you spread iron, if I recall. You wait a few days (weeks?) for it to turn orangy brown (or was it black?) and then rake it up. It will grow like teased hair. Had to do this every damn year in WA.

After you’re done with that, then you can overseed. Had to do that every year too.

I’m guessing you’re in a similar climate/situation.

//smack cruzer

Seriously, dude. Get to bed earlier or go back to your regular schedule!