Pyle 5.1Ch 350W Receiver

Are they kidding? Without power specs and THD one has to guess that the REAL power here is next to nothing. Power REAL speakers with this and you risk frying the tweeters. Even worse, with no HDMI how can they call it “digital”?

Wait for the inevitable Pioneer that will pop up sooner or later.

Shucks! I was going to say that. The only thing good about this is you can’t put in in the car…or can you?

Hoopdies unite!

Not one single BOC this wootoff?

How much are you planning to spend on speakers? Will you buy something like a 5.1 kit or will you buy speakers 1 or 2 at a time?

How big of a room will you be powering?

If you are planning to spend around $200 total on a 5.1 speaker set, I think this would probably be fine. If you’re thinking about $400 I would probably hold off because there’s probably better receiver options

(1) If you connect your amplifier to the wrong speaker impedance, you risk damaging the amp. In tube amps, too high a load impedance (or a disconnected load) can result in damage to the output tubes or output transformer, while in solid state amps, if the speaker impedance is too low, the amplifier will tend to overheat and more power is used up in the amplifier than is delivered to the speaker. Too many speakers on a solid state amp can burn up the power output section.
(2) The amplifier will deliver maximum power (volume) to the speaker when the speaker impedance matches (is equal to) the internal impedance (called the OUTPUT IMPEDANCE) of the amplifier. Too low an impedance will result in weak output and poor tone. If the speaker impedance is higher than that of the amplifier, its power output will again be less than it is capable of.

April and May I didn’t have a single problem during the craps besides them selling out too fast. I saw no server problems those 2 months.

you are right about one thing, the receiver is the heart of the system and your speakers are only as good as the receiver powering them. I would recomment a yamaha. They will last your years and years. Very good work horses. They also have several stepping stones for those looking for first time purchase to someone supplying their $20,000 home theater room. I use to work in home theater sales. I also have a pretty high end theater room. And i have owned several different brands of receivers.

I use to own a pyle car cd player. It stopped functioning properly after about a year. Wouldn’t eject CDs for sometimes days. So I can’t speak highly of the brand.

did you take your shower yet?

Nothing much, But your dancing bacon is making me hungry. Time for a midnite snack.

WTF woot seriously

You want me to join another site that is a POS just so I have a minor chance at your BOC are you kidding me. I don’t even have a tin foil hat. Maybe google should have bought you instead.

Our DJ’s butt is Bacon. :smiley: Today, anyway.

I believe the infamous bottles of crapola may still appear… wasn’t this advertised as a 2-day wootoff? Which means we’re only halfway through.

As for this particular item, Pyle has had both high and low end items for years, more low than high, unfortunately. Their bargain-basement merchandise has given them a bit of a bad reputation, but when they actually try to make a decent piece of electronic equipment, and don’t try to keep it as cheap as possible, they put out the occasional gem.

Yes, they’re the company known for car-audio, but for a few years they’ve also been in the home audio and DJ/band gear side of the business as well.

Now, the most important question…
WHY THE HECK DOES IT SAY ‘NO DISC’ WHEN IT DOESN’T EVEN HAVE ANY BUILT-IN DISC PLAYING CAPABILITY???

I think woot has lost it’s way.

Anyone else find it odd that the receiver is displaying NO DISC?

Perhaps just generic message for “no file system?”

no, not yet. I should, I just got finished mowing my grass and two neighbor’s yards(cause I’m nice). I’m not too worried i’ll miss a bag of crap tonight though.

But Eric is here tonight.

my home theater room

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/17864_279236363283_5573481_n.jpg

Bring it on I have lots more room for bundle of carrots

Yup, I do! I at first it was one with a built-in DVD, but it doesn’t even seem to have that.