Pyle Car Audio & Video

Pyle car electronics are the lowest of the low quality. IF it works out of the box, don’t expect it to for long. This comes from years of professional experience in mobile electronics. You have been warned.

The 8 inch powered sub seemed like a good deal until I took a look at the reviews.It’s not even that great of a deal either, only $5 cheaper than amazon and walmart after you factor in shipping.

I’m going to add something about the wireless fm/am transmitters for phones.

It’s a great idea; you can hook up your phone or ipod player to your car (which otherwise doesn’t have a place to do so) and play your songs through your radio. Pretty simple right?

That depends…

Do you live in an area where it’s hard to find white noise on the radio when you’re tuning? (That staticy kzzzzzzt noise that got on your parents nerves?)

Do you live in a city?

Do you live in an area that is quarantined and sealed off and you’re told that the outside world does not exist or is polluted beyond repair?

If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then chances are you aren’t going to enjoy this system very much. It’s a pain to find a station that will work consistently and with even minor interference.

(If you happen to have a tape deck though, drop 10$ at your local electronics/general goods store for a tape that plugs into your headphone jack. Works just as well and doesn’t even require an instruction book!)

If you answered yes to that last one, please let me know. The rebel fighters will be on their way to release you from your captivity. :3

Pro: sound quality is good.
con: The videos that played were very chopppy
The pairing bluetooth was frustrating at best. Tried with Iphone 4, iphone 5 and ipad.

Do the head units come with the cables to hook them up as well, or do they need to be bough separately?

Could you be more specific about which item(s) you are asking? That will help me pass on the question.

Every head unit I’ve ever dealt with comes with a harness that you’re supposed to splice into a vehicle-specific harness adapter. It’s either that or you cut the connector off of your OE wiring and get splicing from there, which I wouldn’t recommend.

That said, you get what you pay for, and you’re not paying much for Pyle.

Does this thing snap onto your existing mirror or completely replace it?

They will come with a harness for the new head unit only. You will need to buy a harness for your specific vehicle, then connect it to the harness included with the Pyle head unit. DO NOT cut off your vehicle’s harness.

Looking to do this to my OEM system and replace the stock underseat sub I already got there with the slim 8". I know very little about car audio, but shouldn’t I just need the current RCA cable and power source to make this work since its self amplified? Stock on my car is a Clarion h/u from what I know…

Higher-end factory sound systems are all different, but none use basic RCA connections. Replacing your factory underseat subwoofer with anything else is not as simple as you think. What exactly needs to be done is going to depend on what year, make and model car you have. But regardless, plan on hacking into the factory wiring/running new wires.

And I want to just go ahead and reiterate, there isn’t a price cheap enough that would make me use anything with the Pyle name on it.

F*ck Pyle brand car electronics. There’s a reason most of the people commenting on this “deal” have negative reviews of the brand. I bought a diskless head unit last year and the radio portion has already stopped working. The SD card and USB still work fine, but that’s not the point.

Pyle is utter shite and I wish I had just waited and saved up a little more for a better name. Now I’m out the money I spent on the Pyle, however much it will cost to replace it, and the time it will take to uninstall and reinstall a new unit.

DON’T BUY PYLE!! ALL YOU’LL GET IS A PILE OF CRAP!!

Honestly Pyle equipment is some of the crappiest automobile electronics on the planet. Please don’t waste your hard earned dollars.

Hmmm. It sounds Like Pyle isn’t very good.

I really like the idea of the rearview mirror lcd and constant video recording loop camera.

Does anyone know of an alternate company if Pyle is so bad? I’d rather buy something more expensive. Seems these products are hard to find though.

can anyone say anything positive about (other than all pyle is a pile) the 13.3" unit PLRD145? I really need/want an overhead unit for my unit but I cant find anything worthy of reviews on amazon or anywhere else…thank you!

very bad experience buying plye PLD72. It did not come with manual to show the connection. Image in different from what is delivered. have loose wire for power connection, no connector. When i contacted woot, they have routed to pyle. Plye response is bad that they will repair only bad unit and they are not responsible for missing part

I’m sorry for the frustrating experience. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Forward them the info about your attempts with Pyle.

I agree with most of the comments here - The bluetooth AM/FM radio was barely worth the $50, no way it it’s worth the $155 list price.
Plugging in a USB iPod instantly causes the radio to reset. The SD card is hard to navigate, the search functionality is non-existent, and it takes about 10 - 15 seconds to read the contents on the card, even if I don’t want to listen to it, but just pressing the mode button to get to the radio. Thankfully the AUX input works, and that’s what I use about 99% of the time.