PYLE Marine-Grade Bluetooth Speaker

In this case “marine” references the companies background in marina, or boat, type products. But I will say ivanivanovich def wins funniest comment thus far.

Well… I bit.

I’ll let you know.

You must have lost your mind. Pyle is a cost-cutting flea market brand name whos products are designed to be the cheapest possible option for each category. They’re the products people sell on eBay, but don’t want to tell you the brand name. Just “HIGHPOWER SUPER BASS MARINE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER NIB OH EM GEE.”

Oddly enough, that one actually appears to be a better model than this one (using the widely accepted “more buttons is better” method.)

Just from my experience installing car stereos and following car audio, PYLE is a garbage brand and as someone else mentioned, can be found in flea markets along with BOSS audio products. Stick with name brands or take a gamble.

You’re totally right. And it actually DOES look like a knockoff – of these Phillips speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-ShoqBox-SB7200-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B007PZYBTY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_8

in for 1…Even if the audio sucks…hopefully it will save my daughters cell phone from the perils on the bathtub rim…all I care about.

In for 1. Even if pretty terrible this will be better than nothing. Keep your $700 smartphone in a water tight container and still be able to control the volume and tracks. Will use this tubing on the river, at the beach, pool side, or even out back around the fire pit.

I have a pair of computer speakers out by the hottub hooked into a a GFCI and 4 foot away from the water. (still this is dangerous and when it rains… well predictable results) I am going to spend the coin on these if the 33 foot range is real I can leave the Ipod inside the house and control the ipod from the control panel of this. Sounds like a good deal to me. Im 41 so I am well aware that Pyle can be considered in the “garbage” category but they also make some wild sub-woofers and stuff. So quality with this name brand was truly hit or miss (nothing in between) If this will play some John Mayer in the hot-tub while keeping the Ipod out of the extreme environment of the hot-tub so I can get busy with the wife of 19 years, then 40 bucks well spent.

I am in for one.

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-ECOXGEAR-Waterproof-Bluetooth/dp/B008MG5V80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364827882&sr=8-1&keywords=waterproof+bluetooth+speaker

Comparing to this one at Amazon with it’s advertised 1800 mah battery and the 10+ hours it also advertises, I am going out on a limb and saying expect about 7 hours from the Pyle.

This should work great with the old Motorola Droid collecting dust. No sense risking my good phone in the elements.

I noticed that there is no cover for the USB port, “waterproof” or otherwise.

My wife and I love our ECOXGEAR Bluetooth Speaker. The one plus that it has over the PYLE is that it has a microphone that you can take call withs. But EXCOXGEAR does not have any control buttons, it only has the phone button and volume buttons. PYLE has the advantage there with skip forward/backward and play/pause buttons. So pick your poison.

I can’t believe no one played the Gomer Pyle USMC card.

I would love to see you offer your pathetic attempt at humor directly in front of a Marine.

Yep. Got a Pyle DVD player last time on Woot. It is working, but is very, very cheaply made.

Well, as a marine, they should vigorously defend the right of the person to say it. First amendment. Marines defend the freedoms of Americans, as do all branches. Just sayin. . .

Big Image

This is about the biggest image I can find.

Wow. Touched a nerve much?

I just noticed that the buttons on this image don’t match up with the buttons on the Pyle unit.

Anything related to a boat is 3x the cost.