Pyle Mini LED Gaming Projector

Got mine just yesterday. It’s not very bright and works best in a dark room, gets surprisingly hot, focus is a little difficult to get just perfect, and the fan is ridiculously loud. However, it’s great for those hand-held arcade games from Jakks Pacific, @Games, or the Atari Flashbacks, your favorite 80s/90s console like the NES* or Genesis, or even classic computer systems like Commodore, Atari, or Texas Instruments. The sound is clear with a few different preset EQ modes. Video zoom is iffy with only one mode which works well for me (Zoom1,) but this mode is crisp and clear. Horizontal and vertical flip are single-button functions so you can mount anywhere (there is what looks like a tripod-type mounting hole on the bottom.)

Get it lined up properly (geometry can be difficult as there is no setting) and projecting onto a vaulted ceiling gives very satisfying results. It’s also very reactive - I was able to play “Mortal Kombat” with no motion tearing or lag.

I haven’t been able to get any of my USB video to work, yet, but I’m certain I just don’t have the right files. It can read NTFS, FAT, and FAT32-formatted sticks. It is supposed to support a wide variety of formats, such as mkv, mp4, and flv. Otherwise, if you have a stick full of photos you could have a good old-fashioned vacation slide-show to really annoy your friends and relatives!

At 320x240 I do not expect miracles, so I am not in a hurry to hook up HDMI or SVGA.

But I mean, really, it’s a $40 projector and it’s pretty good for what it is. It has really whet my whistle for a proper projector when the time comes to replace my TV.

• I haven’t tried with “Duck Hunt” or any Sega Menacer games, yet.