Pyle Sport Action Cameras

This camera is terrible. A few weeks back I wrote a lengthy review here on Woot and transferred it to Amazon as well. Since then, I’ve tried to take it out twice more to the snowboarding hill…
And it wouldn’t turn on (AGAIN!) one time, and the other time the handlebar mount (per my earlier review, the ONLY mount worth a hoot) snapped at the angle adjustment point.

This thing is still pretty terrible. :expressionless:

Has anyone been to an electronics trade-show? I mean the ones where unbranded items are on display, waiting to be bought and printed with some brand-name?

This is not the same as a company that manufactures an item and stands behind it and understands how it is supposed to work and has parts for it.

I am surprised Woot doesn’t have it’s own brand of products.

Have you ever seen a Woot Monkey?

Or wine woot offerings?

Or me replying to my own reply? :0

Goto Youtube,put -Techmoan- in the search box. He reviews all the Action Cameras

ok only I got one of these and have only used it once. I used it in an indoor setting with lower lighting levels and outside where the lighting was good. It is horrid if the lighting levels are low. If the lighting is good it appears to be ok but not great. Video may not be the smoothest. overall for the price and if used outside it is ok. Mounting hardware - maybe ok but clunky.

The low end Pyle cameras look exactly like this other cheap action camera
http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Telecom-Emerson-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00AGMWWMG

I’m pretty sure this is a made in China reference design and you’ll be seeing it from other manufacturers.

I bought the Emerson one from Walgreens on clearance. It’s about what you would expect for $40, but the waterproof case is nice.

The 720p version of this camera appears to be the same case manufacture as the Gear Pro 720P HD. I purchased two of these from Woot a couple of months back. the first one was attached to the front of my surfboard and filled with water in less than 5 min.

I was more cautious with the second one and was able to take it snorkeling a couple of times. however the first time i plugged it into my computer it erased all the data on the SD card, all the video was lost.

I would not recommend purchasing these. If you do get one i would also purchase a large bag of rice to dry it in.

Anyone notice that the cameras are photoshopped onto the skydivers, but not in the frame of the camera itself?

I bought this camera (the 1080p version) the day after Thanksgiving at Menards for $49.99. They currently have them for sale at local Menards for between $54.99-$59.99.

The brand on the one at Menards is Sharper Image, but it is the EXACT SAME CAMERA. Even the enclosure is the same.

http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/electronics/small-electronics/sharper-image-1080p-action-camera/p-2181623-c-6299.htm

Now, I have used the 1080p version, I have to say, the frame rate is less then acceptable. I was getting maybe 9-10 fps… ideally on a camera like this you want to get the standard 30 fps… nope.

To add to is, the file format it saves it as is HORIBLE to work with!!!

Honestly, I would recommend getting a Go-Pro… the frustration of these just isn’t worth the cheap price.

Just my $0.02 though.

Up to 3 meters per the Pyle website.

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/GDV285BK/Gear-Pro-HD-1080P-Action-Camera-Hi-Res-Digital-CameraCamcorder-with-Full-HD-Video,-120-Mega-Pixel-Camera-and-24-Touch-Screen-(Black-Color)

Hello I am an Electronic Engineering Tech with Pyle Support. I am here 5 days a week to trouble shoot any issues that you may be experiencing. 718-535-1800 ext: 279 Your camera has a full one year warranty that Pyle backs to the fullest, so if we are unable to find a solution to your problem we will repair or replace you unit making sure you get a working device. Please send it in to Pyle Service Center, 1600 63rd St, Brooklyn NY 11204, along with a letter explaining the issue, including your return shipping information, and the receipt of purchase or customer invoice.
Thank you Benzion

Rice works but I would use the stay dry inserts that come in some electronic device packaging. But I am an Electronic Engineering Tech with Pyle Support. I have personally tested the plastic waterproof case that comes with these cameras. They are good if all the rubber seals are in-tacked. You may have had a faulty seal. As far as erasing data plugged into your computer, that could only happen if you formatted or made an error with your computer. I am here 5 days a week to trouble shoot any issues that you may be experiencing. 718-535-1800 ext: 279 Your camera has a full one year warranty that Pyle backs to the fullest, so if we are unable to find a solution to your problem we will repair or replace you unit making sure you get a working device. Please send it in to Pyle Service Center, 1600 63rd St, Brooklyn NY 11204, along with a letter explaining the issue, including your return shipping information, and the receipt of purchase or customer invoice.
Thank you Benzion

My files on my Pyle PSCHD30 keeps deleting
It’s self. I plugged it into my laptop and it deleted my files. Do I need to save them before I attempt to upload? Please help…

Hey there, your best bet may be talking with Pyle, you can contact them here.