Pyle Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker

Wow. I thought my wife takes long showers…

Sound is blah with low expectations and and went belly up within a week. Discected to find poorly made.

Mine sucks too. Sound quality is meh, battery life is trash.

Got one last go around @ WOOT for same price…worked for a bit, now is stuck on ‘paired’ setting (according to Pyles guide to beeps…)Can’t do any type of re-set as far as I know…any help? OK sound, rugged build, no aux in though…

The description here says “Dedicated Stereo speakers for Lows and High/Mids on both sides.” That describes a 2-way speaker (woofer/tweeter). If you look at the manufacturer’s description and the manual (both here ), they say “full-ranged stereo speakers” and “1‐way”.

It’s also interesting that despite being marketed as a “Marine-Grade IP-X4 splash proof & shock resistant design,” the manual has these statements: “IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS…To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture…Do not keep the apparatus in a high humidity area such as a bathroom, kitchen sink or pool…The apparatus should not be exposed to dripping or splashing…” Uh, what?

The Bluetooth connection works - pushing the “change track” and volume control on the speaker works - but the sound comes from the iPhone! So all I’ve got is a huge remote for my iPhone. And there’s no cable connection like my Jawbone Jambox, so I can’t use it with the laptop. It makes a good-looking doorstop.

I have the exact same problem. It worked great for about a month, then has been stuck trying to pair, but won’t link. Problem would be solved if it had an aux in port.

As for all the other problems, true, it does sound bad at high and low, but use it in midrange and it’s fine. NO, it is not waterproof, just resistant. And YES, the range of signal is horrible, about 10 feet is the max you can have your phone away from the speaker, but that was good enough for me. Just wish mine worked.

When I ordered this, I imagined it larger than it is. The sound follows the size. Not enough volume and minimal base. Really quality speaker, but for on a deck or boat, don’t expect much.

Is there any way to run two of these at the same time for an increase of area covered?

Got one last go-around and was not that impressed. It is meaty, but performance disappoints (low volume capacity, unexpected track changing). Best thing it has going is that it has some ability to resist moisture, I guess. Many better options for $40. Bassboomz on Groupon Goods for $30 is an excellent buy.
One man’s opinion.

What I want to know is what were they trying to advertise with this picture!?

The preposterous notion that it’s loud enough to be heard on an industrial site, while welding, and wearing ear protection!??

Actually, you’d have a better chance of hearing it while welding. Based on the sparks flying, it appears he’s using some sort of grinder, which there is no chance in hell he’s hearing any sort of music playing.

Got one and used it on river floats this summer. The hope was that it would be loud enough to be heard by everyone floating together but it didn’t really travel far past the canoe it was in. Still it was great just for that alone considering the price…

I’m guessing that he’s cutting it into little pieces.

Thanks. This is what I initially thought I’d use it for (next summer) but if it can’t be heard outside my own tube/canoe, it’s a pass for me.

My brief review:

•Sound is OK
•Battery is great
•Bluetooth range is comically poor. If my phone is in my left pocket and the speaker is hanging off my bag on my right side, it cuts out. The range is roughly 3-5 feet (but less if someone is in between the two devices), no exaggeration. I’ve used a lot of bluetooth devices, and it seems like you’d have to intentionally make it with such poor range.

This could be a great product at this price point with better range. But as it is, I can’t recommend it at all, as having no music is preferable to music that cuts in out constantly because I took one step away from the speaker with my phone in my pocket.

I have one and I attached it to our cooler that we use when we float the river. This thing has gone through hell and works great. It has terrific sound and is plenty loud enough. Great battery life too. You won’t go wrong with it.

I am guessing it doesn’t float so if it sinks you are sunk.

As stated, Bluetooth range is REALLY poor. With my phone in my right pocket and the speaker attached to a bag hung on my left shoulder, sound drops out. The range would have to be at least double its current distance before I could recommend this unit. Sad too because it actually sounds pretty good.

I bought one a few months ago. I use it for street hiking. Very happy with it.

Sound could be louder outside with traffic (plenty loud indoors and on the deck) and BT can be blocked by my body, but the price/water resistance junction is nice. It does tend to tell the phone to start playing music on my iPhone upon pairing, even if that app was not open, which is annoying when the house isn’t awake yet.