Pyrex 18-Piece Storage Set Color Lids

This happened to us, also. We called customer support and they shipped us a replacement lid right away. I asked if we were misusing them somehow, and the rep said no, but she recommended hand-washing the lids.

Kudos to customer support–no questions asked, knew exactly what the problem was, and remedied it right away.

I counted 9 pieces with this set! What gives Woot?

There are 9 lids and 9 bowls for 18 pieces total.

I just had a dream last night that my wife was leaving me after 12 years of marriage because she caught me flirting. Finding these pyrex containers on sale on woot might be just what I need to win her back. Me paired with 9 pyrex bowls is likely irresistible and it will save our marriage.

I picked up the 14 piece set from Walmart. I liked them so much, I bought a second set.

I do recommend, if you are going to put them in the dishwasher, use the top shelf and don’t use the heated dry.

Yikes. Good point. But woot will get these delivered to your door step vs going to Walmart.

I’ve been using these for years. You CAN nuke things with the lids on (to prevent splatter and speed heating), but you have to have the lids off center (just enough that the edge of the lid sits on the edge of the glass on one side) so they don’t re-form a seal and get sucked down and stretched as the air inside your hot soup container contracts if you don’t eat your hot food promptly.

Thanks for the tip on replacement lids, as I had one small one crack and one get stretched…

They are also on Walmart.com with free shipping over $50

I’m surprised to read folks saying that they get a seal with the lids. I’ve got an all-blue-lid set, and they have never truly sealed. If you put water in them and turn them sideways, they leak. Not a ton, but they’re not water tight. If you put soup in one and leave it in the fridge, it’ll evaporate a bit while it sits in the fridge. If you store chopped onions in one, the fridge will still smell like onions.

Someone used the word “rubber” earlier to refer to the lids. They’re not rubber, they’re plastic. And fairly rigid plastic. So they don’t stretch to seal. They’re just held on with friction, and can be easy to mistakenly open if, for example, you pick one up by making a claw of your hand and grabbing it from the top. Or if you pick up something next to it in the fridge, and catch it on the lid. Lock-and-Lock or Weck, these are not.

None of this is a deal breaker. Glass containers instead of plastic–especially at this price–is reason enough to buy them. And they’re modern and attractive enough to serve out of on the table. But don’t get them thinking you can fill them with chili and pop them in your backpack.

They are good if you don’t receive them all bashed up!

Warning Will Robinson:

Just so you’re clear, this is not your mother’s Pyrex. Years ago, they switched from borosilicate glass to the soda class they use now. Soda glass is heavier and less likely to scratch or break, but you can damage it by rapid heat changes (unlike borosilicate).

For example, you cannot put hot Pyrex on anything wet or damp, or on anything metal, without a real chance it will crack (sometimes spectacularly).

If you’re aware of this, and don’t treat it like your mother’s Pyrex, you’ll love it for a long time.

[Yes, I know Robot actually said “Danger,” but this is really only a warning.]

Walmart does ship free if you spend $50 or more.

Are they air-tight/leakproof? No. But they do seal well enough for everything I see me using them for (chili, soup, leftovers). Of course, as you state, don’t try picking them up from above, and don’t turn them upside-down. Which means don’t let them roll around the floor of your car on the way to work.

Some of my lids are are tight enough that I have to “burp” them. Others not so much.
If I need a tight seal on one that doesn’t burp I add a sheet of waxed paper to the top. That does the trick and keeps things from spilling or air from getting in and mucking up my homemade granola.

I have 2 sets of thee and love them, just make sure never to put the lids in the microwave, they warp. The bowls are microwave safe but not the lids.

twice the radius?

HELL to the yeah! I bought 3 last time and stupidly gifted 2 sets…glad to have another round on the way. And they are all mine…Mine…M I N E …!!!

I just received mine in the mail today. I ordered 2 set and the first on I ordered was chipped on 2 of the bowls. It looks like the large bowl and the medium orange lid bowl were banging against each other and chipped at parts. Has anyone else’s had this issue? The second order I received was undamaged.

Got mine today it was doubled boxed…everything looked great.no chips or issues…wish I bought several more…these are REALLY nice heavy clear glass bowls and have nice tight snap on lids…what more could a man asked for…my wife will love them…