Pyrex 18-Piece Storage Set Color Lids

I got these from Woot 6ish months ago. Great deal. I use all the sizes regularly! I’ve abused them pretty severely and they’ve held up well.

I bought two of these sets last time this deal was up and love them. However, I do have one lid that must have been microwaved or put in the dishwasher because it got a little warped and I ended up with Chinese food all over one of my bags. I make a habit of hand-washing the lids and there’s no problems.

This is a great deal.

I have two of these sets from previous Woots. I don’t use plastic for leftovers anymore.

Two tips:

1. Hand wash the lids. They will last for years.
  2. When microwaving, pop the lid open and just leave it sitting on top of the bowl. This will still stop splatters but allow excess steam and heat to vent out. Your lids won’t lose their shape if you do this.

Where did you find replacements? I’ve looked and everywhere seems to be $6/lid! I hate to throw the container away, but they’re kinda worthless w/o the lid IMO.

You cannot microwave the containers with the lid still sealed. If you want to use the lid as a splatter guard, you must remove the lid and place it onto the container slightly askew so there is room for the steam to escape (think the small slit in microwave dinner trays…).

We just use a splatter guard and save the lids the wear and tear of microwaving. If you hand wash, they last forever.

re: stacking. I got this exact set from woot around Thanksgiving before last. They will stack without the lids on just fine. With the lids on, they will stack and seal if you leave out the smallest 1-cup green-lid containers.

If you stack with the smallest and the lids, the extra height makes it so the 2-cup orange-lid just barely cannot seal, which in turn causes the 4-cup blue lid to not seal, and the 7-cup red lid to not seal. It still works, but the stack is not as stable so you may not want to put anything else on top of the stack (e.g. another stack).

$3.28 Higher at WM (tax and difference with Woot + Shipping)

However the bowl selection better fits my needs. 1 7 cup, 3 4 cup, 3 2 cup, 3 1 cup with lids. WM also had a smaller set, for about the same money at Woots.

But then you still have to support WM too. I’d rather pay a few extra dollars to anyone else than to ever support them.

I got this same set from Wal Mart at Christmastime for $7…don’t know why it was so cheap…and much cheaper than even this woot. Good stuff, though. Wish the lids sealed a little better though.

Walmart has a similar set with a couple extra pieces for a couple extra bucks. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyrex-20-pc-Storage-Plus-Set/20743479

Does anybody know if this uses the soda lime glass (green edge on the glass) or borosilicate glass (should be clear on the edges)? It doesn’t say and I’ve bought different pyrex sets, some were green and other sets were clear.

Where do you the lids for $1 or $2?

You can find them on Amazon at times, also this place:
http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/replacement-lids/

Mine came in yesterday. One of them, it’s chipped on the rim. If you run your finger over it, you risk cutting or hurting yourself. 2 others have very minor chippings.

Same here. The 2 middle sized bowls are chipped. badly enough that it is a risk.

Sorry for the chipping problems. Please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I ordered 3 sets and all came chipped and broken, even cut myself since there was glass in crusted in the carton boxes. So far only received refund for 1 set! 3 heavy glass sets packed in a single box with no padding or “fragile” “glass” signs, not good!