Pyrex 18-Piece Storage Set Color Lids

Have continued to buy these for years to add to my collection. As someone else said, you really cannot have enough food storage containers.

Not cooking in plastic is kind of the point for me with these. Never have cooked with the plastic lid on these in a microwave. I always flip a plate and rest on top to prevent splatter.

Wish someone would have a sale on just the lids. Lids tend to not last that long and split on edge from use and become worthless for food storage.

QUality product. Just bought this same set at Kroger locally (Augusta Ga) for the same price no shipping charge.

Love these Pyrex storage containers… Instead of baking in a big casserole dish, I bake in 3 or 4 of these… Eat 1 for dinner and snap the lids on the others for my lunches for the week. Its great. And a great deal too. $50 on Amazon. Thanks Woot!! I bought 2 more sets.

These are great, but I have a question. The lids are not leakproof; if you have salad or something with liquid in it, the liquid can seep out in my lunchbox. I get around this by putting the Pyrex container in an old bread bag. Does anyone know of any glass food containers that have a clamp seal like the Lock and Lock plastic containers?

As other people have said… the BOWLS are microwave safe… NOT the lids!

Wish I could buy 1 lid! :slight_smile:

Lock and Lock makes glass containers I believe…

Long-time wooter, first-time poster.

I have two sets of these already (from woot) and just bought a third. I was just lamenting yesterday that all mine are being used.

Positives:[list]
[]nearly indestructible Pyrex glass
[
]stackable
[]versatile - always in use in my house
[
] microwavable, dishwashable, pre-heated ovensafe bowls
[/list]
Negatives:[list]
[]Plastic Lids that will warp in microwave and dishwasher
[
] Lids not leakproof/waterproof
[/list]
I wouldn’t call this a negative, but a few of mine have small chips on the lip (which, in deference to earlier comments, isn’t really a lip but smooth). These are all from where I dropped them (usually while frozen). I view this as a win since it’s just a small chip and not a shattered bowl. They can all still be used.

Before I figured out I couldn’t dishwash or microwave the lids, I warped a few. I was actually able to fix one with some creative microwaving (probably not too smart).

The others I replaced with leak-proof lids so I could bring these with me to work for lunch (I cycle and there was leaking with the original lids). I bought the leak proof lids directly from the pyrex site. They are currently offering buy 2 get 1 free on all these lids (I think this might be a routinely available deal).

Pyrex 7 Cup No leak Lid $3.99
Pyrex 4 cup No Leak lid $2.99
Pyrex 2 cup No Leak Lid $2.49

I would be thrilled if woot did an offer with replacement No leak lids - or maybe a set like this with original No leak lids.

This is great. I LOVE Pyrex…going plastic free as much as possible.

Get a No Leak Lid from the pyrex site. They will fit these bowls:

Pyrex 7 Cup No leak Lid $3.99
Pyrex 4 cup No Leak lid $2.99
Pyrex 2 cup No Leak Lid $2.49

I bought a set of these along with the 14 piece set from amazon. Like everyone else has said, they are excellent for using in the micro wave and even the oven (obviously don’t use the lids in the oven).

So I have had two lids fail on me in the past. One warped and one broke (it was really weird the plastic just ripped). YOU CAN USE THESE IN THE MICROWAVE IFFFFFFF you take the lid off and slightly offset it on the top to allow for venting. If you allow for a little lid, then the lids will not warp in the microwave. However I haven’t microwaved anything really longer than a couple of minutes with these so if you need to microwave for like 20 minutes experience this method with that.

I would totally be in for another set if I didn’t already have 2.

By the way, pryex’s customer service is great! Just send them a picture of your failed product, your dated invoice, and address and they will ship you out a replacement!

I bought these from woot a while back and for the most part have been extremely happy with them. I do have 2 items to note however:

1. My set came and only included 17 pieces. One of the lids was simply not included in the box. Fortunately for us this was a lid to the smallest container and we haven’t had an instance where we needed to use all of the small containers at once yet.

2. We put both our lids and containers in our dishwasher for cleaning. We’ve noticed that a few of the containers have come out of the dishwasher (on the top shelf) with minor chips on the rim, making the edge uneven/sharp. It has only happened to two of the containers so far (we’ve had them for about 6 months) but keep a heads up.

Overall, very happy and would gladly purchase again (fingers crossed you get all 18 pieces…)

Check out the Glasslock ones that are in the Woot Cook, Chop, Bake side deal right now.

Google Pyrex No leak. They have a set with leakproof lids now.

Awesome, thank you, everyone, for the information! Woot! commenters are the best!

I swear by these products. We are leftover eaters, and over time these have saved hours in prep and clean up. I love, love, love them!

I bought a set of these from Woot a while back. Contrary to other reports, I have washed the lids in the top rack of the dishwasher, using the heated dry cycle, at least 50 times with no problem.

I also microwave with the lid on- just leave the lid on loosely so steam can escape.

Wish I could comment on the quality of the product. Unfortunately, when I ordered a similar set last September, it arrived at my home in many little pieces. Replacement is not an option here and that kind of sucks.

I love Pyrex… everyone loves Pyrex. So superior to plastic there really isn’t any comparison (although if you drop them on a hard tile floor, you might not agree they are superior to plastic while cleaning up broken glass).

My one hangup on this set is that the lids don’t match. Sorry - but I’m one of “those OCD people” who insist upon order and this would drive me crazy.

I do have a set of glass storage containers like these but they are Anchor Hocking. I haven’t had any issues with them thus far and they seem to be as good as the Pyrex, but the big advantage for me is they all came with red lids. That matches the Rubbermaid I still have (which I will replace eventually) and the red Kitchenaid storage bowls and mixing bowls I have and even the Pyrex measuring cup I have (red lettering on clear glass). I actually paid a few bucks more for the Anchor Hocking set - so this is a great price for real Pyrex.

So yea, if these came with all red lids - I’d probably buy two sets. It is a sickness… but I am who I am.

Grabbed 2 sets! Thanks!

I’m sorry about that. Our Pyrex sales do tend to sell out and that leaves us with none for replacements. :frowning: