2010 Elysium Black Muscat, California 750ml

Quady Winery 2010 Essensia Orange Muscat 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $83.55) 22% off List Price
2010 Essensia Orange Muscat, California 750ml

Quady Winery Starboard Batch 88 Dessert Wine 3-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $86.55) 25% off List Price
Starboard Batch 88 Dessert Wine 750ml

Previous offer: 11/25/11

Holy rise in price batman. Yeah yeah I know, there are two different thing. The 2010 Electra Orange Muscat was replaced with the 2011 Moscato and this is Woot plus.

This is still cheaper then going to my local store and buying them indivually, but not by much.

Elysium is the best Muscat of any sort I’ve ever tasted. Tempted, but I can get single bottles (or half bottles) for not much difference in price locally.

I got a wicked headache off the Electra. It definitely was NOT because of the alcohol. It was because it was so tasty and the HIGH sugar content. Too dehydrated + high sugar did not equal a fun late evening.

They are great wines, but the rent is too damn high

Glad I stocked up on these last time they were offered.

I’ve had the orange muscat before, and it was fantastic. I even looked into getting some myself, but everything else looked so good, and I couldn’t decide which to get… and I couldn’t afford to get them all. In for two samplers. :smiley:

Very pleased with everything except the fizzy 4.5% from the last time. The price is great as I’d pay the same for a 1/2 bottle locally on sale.
My only current issue is that for some reason they won’t ship to me in California.

Why?

Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:
California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

They are in CA and they say they ship to CA, so what’s up smwhipple?

[QUOTE=bkarlan, post:3, topic:369650]
Holy rise in price batman. Yeah yeah I know, there are two different thing. The 2010 Electra Orange Muscat was replaced with the 2011 Moscato and this is Woot plus.

Just wanted to point out that we haven’t changed the way we make Electra. Its always been a blend of Orange Muscat and Muscat Canelli, with a little petillance, and about 4.5% alcohol. Its just that we started labeling it “moscato” instead of “Orange Muscat” - Moscato being Italian for “Muscat.” As for style, “moscato” normally refers to the lower alcohol types with a little petillance. We continue to label our 15% alcohol styles with the grape varietal, eg: Orange Muscat, Black Muscat. Hope you are not too confused.

When shopping for the best price be sure to check the bottle size. We make all these wines in both 375ml and 750ml sizes. This offering is all 750ml. Also, you don’t need to drink the whole bottle at one sitting. Put the partially used bottle in the fridge, cork on, and its good for a month, easy.

Got the combo last offering, and while increased in price, still less than the local BevMo sells for and they don’t stock the Batch 88.

Mrsweet, don’t recall your name, but I do remember meeting and speaking with you at the DelMar event last year, good to see you back up on woot!, and in for another sampler.

I typically cap any open bottle with Argon. How might this extend the month you suggest if just refrigerated?
You going to be including your suggested cocktail mixers with shipments?

The price of both the Elysium and the Essensia is $23.99 a bottle at my low price super store. One of each for me!

Love, Love, Love this wine! They are all delicious dessert wines. This is one of our favorite wineries, and an amazing price, even compared to shipping it from the winery itself. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I haven’t experimented with Argon. the reduced temp seems to do fine. And re cocktails that can be made with Electra, Essensia, Elysium, and Batch 88, our cocktail book is on-line and can be downloaded from www.quadywinery.com It has recipes for drinks made with all our wines especially our Vya vermouth. Also, check out Vya.com. We will soon be posting a bunch of holiday cocktails, one of which is the midnight manhattan made with Batch 88, Sweet Vya, and Whiskey.

oh how i wish this shipped to LA. :frowning: sigh.

Ok, by “litchi” (assuming lychee), does that mean mild citrusy but sort of custardy? Basically I’m trying to decide between the Elysium and the Essensia, and by the descriptions the Essensia is winning (apricot vs lychee is not a contest). Any thoughts from people who have tried both?

Damned if I know. I can get any of their other selections, just not the orange muscat…maybe they’re out? I’ve got an e-mail into customer service, but that probably won’t help me in time.

Yay!! This is like Christmas in October!

Thank you!

(Could you nudge Quady North to think about showing up here,too?)