Queen Memory Mattress & 2 Pillows

I ordered one in the summer of 2010. We FINALLY got rid of it a month ago. It is nice for the first 2-3 months then the material fails miserably. I would NOT recommend this mattress to anyone. Ever. You really get what you pay for with this mattress.

We bought a sleep number to replace it and love it!

You couldn’t pay me $300 to take another one of these. I bought one in October 2009 from Woot and it was one of the worst purchases I have ever made.

Cons:

1. Reeked of toxic gas for months. We left it in a spare room for 2 months before even trying to sleep on it. Even after that, it still gave me a headache. Really, I don’t think they could have made it worse if they tried.

2. In less than a year, it developed deep valleys under our normal sleeping positions, with a large speed bump between us to impede our non-sleep bed-based activities. The permanently compressed foam is slightly softer than the carpet on the floor so I guess the mattress provided some benefit.

Pros:

1. It does roll up again (although you’ll never get it back to the size it arrives in) so it is relatively easy to get it out of the house and into the dumpster where it belongs.

2. There is a sweet spot between the out-gassing and the formation of the dead spots. Enjoy those two weeks! And hopefully they occur in the winter because this is not a mattress you want to be on if the room is over 65 degrees.

This is no deal. If you are going to take a chance on cheap memory foam, at least get it with a warranty and a satisfaction guarantee.

edit to answer some questions: I took it out of the package immediately upon arrival. I am 6’0" 165lbs, wife is 5’4" 115 lbs. We rotated it every time we changed the sheets, which is every laundry day in our house. We actually flipped it after about 7 months because the memory foam was compacted and the base was more comfortable. We are not picky about mattresses at all, we backcounty camp and travel quite often, but sleeping on ground that is not flat and level bothers me.

The bottom line is that this is the cheapest of the cheap memory foam and it will break down shockingly fast. I don’t think that you need to pay $2000 for Tempurpedic, but definitely do not get the cheapest, no-name one you find. Unless you like exposing yourself to mystery chemicals and filling landfills with mattresses and your cash.

Out of curiosity…anyone know if this is offered as a twin on some other woot site? I looked but did not find. Thanks!

I bought this mattress in full size. The middle never "filled out."I waited too long to contact Woot because I kept thinking it must be due to the box springs. I ordered new box springs, but was told nothing was wrong with the old ones by the delivery personnel. Waited for the mattress to spring to life with the new springs - didn’t happen. So, basically, I was out the cost of the mattress and the box springs. I was disappointed in Woot’s refund policy, as I am a faithful Wooter. I learned a couple expensive lessons with this purchase.

While I don’t have a full blown 10 inch foam bed I did spend over 450 bux for 2 respectible quality hi-dens memory foam mattress pads. Layered on top of each other they,re about 5 inches of mem. foam high… Yes they stink, bad at first!!!

I’ve slept w them on the bed for abt two years and can def say there’s been declining quality. I have tried flipping it didn’t really help… it is especially noticeable if I sleep at the opposite end of the bed (where my feet would normally go) it is much cushier down there…

I have been hesitant to buy a full mem foam mattress but those are usually 1000+ and if my computer didn’t meltdown yesterday id be taking buying this into consideration

If by “loose its memory”, you mean that it forgets that it is supposed to be mattress-shaped instead of egg carton-shaped, then yes it fails after a short period of time. Unless you like buying a mattress every year, stay away.

Woot offered the twin size last time around, I think on sellout. Price was $199.

For those whom already own one.
Does it look & feel like the pillows on top? or is it like bobo foam like patio chair cover foam?
When it opens up to full shape from the packaging, does it look normal or does it still have packaging defects?
Does your butt touch bottom for the guy with one on the floor. I got a big husband…
Is it comfortable?
Thanks in advance.

I bought this the last go-round, about 3-4 weeks ago. The first 3 or 4 days I slept on it, I had neck and/or back pain :frowning:

That’s gone away now, and it seems comfortable. I still wouldn’t say I love it, but it’s better than our old mattress.

It does smell very musty. Oddly, my wife couldn’t smell it at all. I still don’t like the smell, but it is gradually going away.

I just bought a mattress last week from Costco, but if anyone doesn’t want their 2 pillows, I’ll take 'em off your hands :slight_smile:

Honestly, I wouldn’t trust a deal like this. Memory foam is notorious for falling apart after a few years, which is why I’d only buy one with a good warranty, such as TempurPedic, or something from Costco, since they provide a free lifetime warranty on ALL purchases.

+1 for using a term I haven’t heard in years

Spurred on to do some research by the last memory foam mattress wootoff, I went on Amazon and took a gamble on the Sleep Innovations mattress instead.

Came out of the box with no smell whatsoever. Inflated itself quickly. Sleeping on it is a dream. It’s great.

As someone who runs a store that sells mattresses and is friends with the owner of a mattress company, I can tell you that you do not want a memory foam mattress. They all eventually break down and create softer spots where you typically sleep. The cheaper the material the sooner it happens.

Definiteley BUY this mattress! We sunk $2500 2 years ago into a Tempurpedic, then bought one of these for $299 about 6 months ago. Although we like the tempurpedic, we LOVE this one more. It’s firmer and cooler. You can’t go wrong on this buy

I bought one of these from Woot a year and a half ago. It came rolled up in a tarp. After being unrolled for 2 days it was fine. After a year of use it had caved in and lost it’s “memory”. You sleep on it and could feel the box spring underneath. I got rid of it over the holidays and bought a Serta memory foam which is much better. The Woot mattress was also made in China so who knows what toxins are in it. Save your money this isn’t worth it at any price.

DO NOT BUY!! This bed loses all memory after 6 months. Save your money and purchase a tempurepedic.

My girlfriend and I have been sleeping on this mattress since early 2010. I put the mattress right on top of the old platform that my spring bed was on.

A lot of people are saying that they “lose memory” after a while. Mine never lost any memory. You are supposed to rotate (not flip – because they only have one side) these mattresses every month or two. (Maybe some people aren’t rotating them?)

A lot of people say that they don’t fully expand after they’re opened. Mine fully expanded in about an hour. I took it out of its package about three hours after it arrived. (Maybe some people are leaving them in the compressed package for weeks before opening them, which might make it more difficult for it to fully expand?)

A lot of people say that they smell really bad. Mine didn’t smell that bad after letting it air out on saw horses for a few days and the smell went away completely after about a week or two. (Maybe some people aren’t giving them proper time to air out or maybe people are leaving them in the compressed package for too long, which might make the odor stay in longer?)

Some people say that they get too warm. Mine doesn’t get that warm, but I only have to worry about it getting hot outside for about three months out of the year where I live. (Maybe some people that bought this mattress live in a desert or inside an active volcano?)

It’s possible that I just got lucky and happened to get a good one, but I suspect that some people aren’t rotating them, leaving them in the compressed package for too long, not properly airing them out, and/or living inside an active volcano.

EDIT: I just read Pufferfishy’s post below. I have to agree, the ONLY downside of this mattress is that it slightly turned yellowish after a year.

Can’t help but wonder if those of you that are caving these in are the size of house - I mean typical American.

6’3", 195, 12%BF here - have had one +1 year - still love it today. It discolored slightly under me from what I assume is body heat, but that’s it. I do have a fleece cover that goes on before the sheets.

My only real con is putting sheets on it - something of a wrestling match as I keep mine in an old waterbed frame. I’m sure on a standard box-spring frame it’s not such an ordeal.

For the price if I get 3 years of decent sleep I’m fine with it. The alternative being pretty much the same thing for $2500 is an investment I can’t make at this time - so these work for now. If they could be left in the giant roll they arrive in without issue I’d order a spare today…

Someone mentioned Sleep Number - you’ll love it, till the pads start to leak. And they will.

Got the King one a long time ago.

Don’t do it, you’re a young man, Danny.

This thing sucks.

Try QVC.com I almost ordered a similar inexpensive memory foam mattress from then a couple weeks ago.