Queen Size Memory Foam Mattress with Ventilation System

Wow…still only $5 for shipping. I would buy an airplane from Woot just to say that I only paid $5 for shipping.

By freight. Private couriers like UPS and FedEx won’t deliver something that size I don’t think.

I’ve been on the fence about buying one of these the last few times they have been on sale; I’m thinking I’ll wait for a refurb and save a little bit of money.

Since when did everyone on woot become really bad amateur comedians?

these memoray foam mattresses are generally rolled up very tightly in a cylinder.when you unfurl it, it’s pretty amazing, you just roll it out and it expands relatively slowly over the course of the next 24 hours until it reaches its normal height and firmness. so don’t freak if you try it right away and it’s too soft or seems too low. it really will increase in height and firmness over the next day.

more importantly, I wish I knew which company made these. there are some good ones and some less so…

The chemical smell of the foam is no worse than new carpet. It needs to be unpacked and placed in a room where it can air out for a few days before being used. You can use it sooner, but putting a sheet on it will trap the smell. You won’t like that.

Previous Woot

“Mattress is spot clean only”

I read this and had the wrong idea for a few seconds.

I like the way you think :wink:

In the event of a crash, can this be used as a flotation device?

Wait, what?

Well, from my experience with a memory foam pillow I’d say about 7.5
I left my pillow outside for about 2 days to let it air out a little. The smell was still there after that, but minimal, and eventually in about 1 week or so was completely gone.

One, it is compressed. In a box. You unpack it, unwrap it, it expands. It is foam.
What the heck is a refurbished mattress? How much do you want one that was returned? This is cheap, baby, for memory foam.
Woot will take it back if it is defective.

LOL! Like someones little kid peed in it and sent it back?

Be careful. The primary metric used to measure the quality of memory foam is its density, measured in “pounds per cubic foot.”

It is difficult to tell for sure from the article, but: “Memory Foam has 2.5-inch 4-pound top layer” seems to indicate that this is “4 pound per cubic foot” foam.

From what I gather, the usual ratings go something like:

3 or less: Awful
4 pounds: Fairly poor
5 pounds: Average/Okay
6 pounds: Good
7+ pounds: Great

If you use low-end foam, it tends to be too soft, letting you sink weirdly far into your bed. Low-density foam is also not very good at providing consistent support for your body.

Generally how long does a foam mattress last? I’ve heard from (albeit quite heavy, but not to say that that’s the issue or anything… I mean, I’m not trying to accuse anyone or… never mind) a few friends that, although comfy, the mattress just doesn’t hold up as long as you’d like it to.

Where can I read more of the writeup? I want to know how Derek escapes! Or was he just dreaming the whole thing, sound asleep on his memory foam mattress?

And which one are You? Siskel or Ebert? Critics…you know what the definition of a ‘critic’ is? Someone who comes down the mountain After the Battle…and shoots the dead.

Is there anyway to know what brand it is so I can look at some reviews? I could really use a new mattress!

If there are sheets around it, how will the air flow thru and cool the mattress?

“Meets all flammability standards”

I’m scared… woot is out to get me…

I bought the king size version of this a few months back (March) off Woot (same brand) and I love it. It does take about 2-3 days before you can use it (airing out), but the chemical smell is gone.

You can find the old posting here: [link]http://sellout.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=12175[/link]

The mattress is very comfy and I really have no issues with it. It is a huge improvement over my old pillow-top mattress. Be aware, however, that it is pretty firm (which I like).

I do live in Utah, so I can’t comment on the humidity being that the air here is about as dry as it gets.

It arrived rolled up in a red tarp and the mattress was vacuum packed in plastic. They just left it on the porch.