Queen Size Memory Foam Mattress with Ventilation System

Mine came without cover, just the mattress. But I picked up a bedding set from local KMart for $60 or so. And you get to select the colors. :wink:

Is this a legitimate mattress, or is it more comparable to sleeping on top of one of those foam egg crates?

It does have a chemical smell to it. The instructions say that it is from compressing it so it will ship. Once you let it set for 48 hours and it goes back to it’s full shape, the smell goes away.

I bought one last time, 9-27-10. It reeked and still is being aired out.

I wish I had a hot Texas summer day to lay it out in the sun.

Any chance this will work on a mission style futon frame?

Is this mattress compatible with an apple product? You know… in case someone has a bed frame made out of apple wood? Heh heh… heh heh…

/troll

+1 thericochet on the smell stuff. It smelled for maybe about 1-2 weeks. Now there’s no trace of it whatsoever.

Short. Real mattresses have 20 year warranties. You won’t find that on any 4lb memory foam. I’ve been studying these quite a bit, very near a major purchase. If it isn’t at least 5.5lb foam, send it back. The top brands actually have 7 or 8lb varieties, now.

I’m going to make my own bed. Foam distributors sell individual pieces, you don’t have to pay thousands.

I need a full/double and saw them on moofi, but my question is, could I use this as a replacement mattress for a futon? Would it fold easily into sitting position?

Found some info at kokey technology. Here’s a couple of pages about it. Not sure if that’s the actual “brand” or not.

Care instructions

Manufacturer spec page

Got this the last time it was on woot, about 16 months ago, and now there are pretty much permanent grooves in the bed for me and my husband. If I’d known it was going to take such a short time, I would have looked elsewhere for a mattress. Ours looks ten years old.

Curse my twin bed! Think I can just fold the mattress over and end up with a 20" foam mattress?

Trust me, it’s real. I worried about the egg crate thing too, but this thing is soft but firm and definitely the best mattress I’ve ever owned.

I got the 8" cool wave version a while back for my guest bedroom. it’s not exactly the same as this one, but of the same construction.

Overall, I’d have to say I’ve been pretty disappointed with it. Sleeping on it, after a couple hours you sink all the way through, and it’s down to whatever is underneath it to provide cushioning…which probably isn’t much. The other thing I noticed was that the foam has broken down much quicker than I expected. Since it’s in the guest room, it doesn’t get used a lot, but even with light use, what little support there was has been pretty diminished…the memory foam’s memory was a bit too long term.

On the plus side, aside from sinking through it, it didn’t seem to have a problem with retaining heat while sleeping.

At least this time around there is a 90 day warranty…the problems I noticed were certainly evident in the first 60 days, but for that woot…there were no returns.

caveat emptor

A solid night’s sleep is worth way more than $300. Sleep more soundly and you’ll probably get a promotion and/or raise at work. Watch.

No, you don’t want that. You’ll sink like quicksand. You need something firm underneath.

Does anybody own one of these already?
I have been waiting for this for a while but as I was researching them, I found that a lot of people have problems with memory foam mattresses.
Causing anything from coughing, nausea, headaches, skin issues and more.

Here are results I read from when I searched.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=aRE+MEMORY+FOAM+MATTRESSes+safe

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

this is the same one on sellout woot a few months ago. they had the full size regular and pillow top. I got the pillow top, i paid like 220 or something like that, really nice mattress. Gets a little hot though.

I have this mattress, which I bought on woot last time. It’s AWESOME! I wasn’t sure about the whole memory foam thing, but I love it!

Same here with me. I roll into the groove now. Stood up very well for awhile, but now I regret not getting a nicer one that would last longer. I was praising it last time it was offered.

It stands up wells for awhile then suddenly you’ve got a big permanent “dent” in the foam. You can’t just sleep in the other side since you’ll roll in over the night.

:frowning:

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-10-Inch-Sensations-Mattress/dp/B001TRET1O