Quik Shade Expedition Instant Canopy

Quik Shade Expedition Instant Canopy

I need this. I’ve been really getting into bumping my head on things lately.

1 Like

Dude - you’re over 9 feet tall?!? Are you a giant?

“Extra large push/pull latch sliders and leg extenders offer easy adjustment between 3 height positions and allow for peak height of 9’…”

Peak height of 9" is almost certainly the top of the peak, rather than peak head clearance… You can tell because they call it a 10x10 canopy even though it is actually 8x8 (but the legs are slanted so you need 10x10 space to set it up).

1 Like

It doesn’t look like it has vent holes. I would suggest getting one with them. We were at the beach last week and one of the canopies had them and the other didn’t. Wind wasn’t horrible maybe 15 mph. Even with leg weights and anchors the one without the vents flew off twice, the second time it broke one of the arms. The one with vents didn’t come close to moving.

1 Like

Can’t one just cut some slits in the canopy to create vents?
I saw something similar to this in Costco for $100. Not sure if it is the same brand, but certainly was the same size. I don’t think it had vents in the canopy either.

Sorry missed your question, yes you could do that but unless you are sewing a hem on it, the canopy is going to fall apart pretty quickly. Not only that but the ones with vents are sewn with overlap so it is covered in case you start getting rain and it prevents the sun from coming in. Seems like its a lot easier and better investment to get one with the vents.

Thank you for listening to me. :slight_smile:

No thank you for not listening to me.

This is a good point about the vents. We had new tent for an event on a windy hillside last summer and we set it up around 9:30 in the morning. By 3:00 the back and forth of the strain of the wind pulling the tent against the pole broke the pole like a cheap paper clip. It is something to consider with tents like these, especially at this price point. I would probably still get one, knowing the potential and avoiding windy situations if possible.