Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller

LOVED MINE! Installed it myself. Sold that house. New house is getting an irrigation system in the next month. Already bought the Rachio for it.

Can’t recommend it enough. So easy. Automatic adjustments for the seasons, rain, etc.

1 Like

I have been using these since the first generation and they’re by far the best. Reliable, super easy to program, automatic hold in case of raining or freezing…
This is the best price I’ve seen for a gen2. Go for it.

Is this controller vegan?

well I ordered one. hope I like it.

Found the same on Amazon - would have cost about 9 dollars more but would get it much sooner.

Wow. I haven’t seen a comment thread go this far off-topic since those My Pillows threads.

For those who are here to actually learn what this product is: It is for underground irrigation systems. Most of those systems are installed with a super cheap controller that doesn’t do things like take into account the weather or have the ability to turn off and on remotely.

The Rachio controllers do all these things via a Wi-Fi connection. The service checks the weather in your area and, if you had enough rain or there will be rain soon, it will skip watering. This saves you money, saves water, and potentially saves your lawn from getting swampy.

If your kids want to run through the sprinkler, grab your phone and start a specific “zone” for a fixed amount of time. Once that time is up, the sprinkler turns off, the kids complain, but you blame it on the Rachio and they come inside.

This is a great product and the price is pretty good too. If I didn’t already have one, I would be buying one here today.

[MOD: removed remark]

2 Likes

For those who got this - this is a great deal.

I have generation 1 version and it’s awesome. Once it’s set up - runs when it needs to and doesn’t when it doesn’t. Adjusts to changing weather and seasons. 100% recommend.

Let me guess. When it comes to mowing your lawn:

Open door
Goats depart the house
Goats eat grass
Goats return home
Grass mowed.

Enjoy beer, pizza and petting the goats.

FWIW… I have the 1st gen. 16 zone. Only use 8 but you never know. Got it here on woot years ago and it runs on it’s OWN WiFi SSID I set up for it on my network so it doesn’t get access to my intranet (security reasons). The big diff with Gen 2 is, you can press a button and turn it on. This doesn’t have that but the newest update/app works as well as the 1st. It’s on it’s own water meter and IT DOES save water.

?

Agree. Too windy, it won’t water. Too wet, it won’t water. Too cold, it won’t water.

Now, Mr Hoseman Pupyluvr didn’t see one big advantage. People walking their dogs will let FeeFee pee in your yard… so, you just happen to “catch” FeeFee wondering in your yard. You grab your phone, fire up the water sprinkler, FeeFee and FeeFee’s owner get a little wet and you are inside the house laughing your butt off. Just another FEATURE not listed on the box. (works great for kids too lol).

Psst, he was being funny, too. :innocent:

1 Like

Can you connect this to a bidet? :thinking:

1 Like

NEVER THROW WATER ON A GREASE FIRE! Not even remotely.

@Fardinando and @lordsoth31: Thank you for the feedback. That was a dumb mistake. We’ve updated the write-up.

ITS HERE!!!

Absolutely not. Everything is done through an app on the phone/tablet. The zones can also be manually started and advanced manually at the box. The company that opens my irrigation showed me that as I had no idea. Sorry for the delay in answering

Remember this is the old model with no HomeKit integration. Price is good but not sure if this old model has the weather integration and all the other cools stuff. Of course with most things Woot there is a catch. Just read the comments :slight_smile:

And just to add I have latest $229 one and love it- great product and support good too.