Rain Republic Guatemalan Chocolate 10-Bar Sample Pack

Ordered these last time:

• Cinnamon chocolate was the tastiest, not overly sweet and not prominently cinnamon-y. The light spice really brought up the cacao flavor. Reminded me a little bit of spiced Mexican hot chocolate.

• Salt chocolate was OK, sometimes got salt clusters that made it taste BAD, but overall, it was well balanced.

• Chile chocolate was MEH, same as with salt, got some chile powder clumps that made me sweat. I didn’t really feel the flavor complemented the chocolate. I much prefer habanero or chipotle for chocolate pairings.

• Dark chocolate was MEH, seriously, how can you mess up DARK CHOCOLATE!? I love dark and maybe was biased because I kept missing the cinnamon notes from the bars I had before this.

Overall a good purchase if you’re used to Hershey’s and want to expand your horizons.

Just buy 30 bucks worth of your favorite chocolate on you way home from work today.
I am sure whatever you choose will taste better, and be a better deal this is only 22oz of chocolate. If you live in California, go to See’s Candys. I miss See’s since I moved to the east coast for work.

Best Chocolate I have ever had!!

some are sold out, and I couldn’t actually get from the cart to check out…

Rain Republic Guatemalan Chocolate
in other words
Chocolate Rain!

Sorry…I’ll go back to the main woot forum where such nonsense is tolerated.

This is all going to melt before it sells out.

My girlfriend and I enjoyed all of them but the sea salt. We couldn’t believe people enjoy large chunks of salt submerged in chocolate. It wouldn’t be so bad if the sale pieces were smaller…as for the rest, I wouldn’t consider them overpowering.

No one but Americans (and yes, I am one) would ever mix sweet and salty foods together. I can’t stand it, either. But these chocolates are fantastic otherwise!

It’s yummy enough, but we’ve still got plenty from last time.

What is a dark condition?

Is it referring to the type of chocolate?

Just a quick question: since when has 41% cacao solids ever been considered “dark” chocolate?

Milk chocolate is usually 30% - 50% (but can be as low as 20% in the UK…)
Dark chocolate is usually 50% - 100%
White “chocolate” is 0 - 20% (guess which end of the spectrum it tends to be)

“Bittersweet” or “Dark milk” has been used by other companies (eg, Vosges) to describe products in the 40 - 50% range.

I’m sorry - I love chocolate and regularly consume 2 oz a day. You’ll have to do a lot better than this offer to get my cash.

more wine on wine.woot-off please!

I can’t buy these, on principle alone; listing the serving size as 1/2 bar, when the bars are clearly perforated in thirds, and intended to be eaten as single units at a sitting.

Nestle may get away with that (mostly as you can actually snap their bars cleanly in half!), as can ramen manufacturers. Otherwise, it’s a deplorable and deceptive practice which rankles to no end.

It’s happening, we are just trying to perfect these new flavours!

Next time, for sure, we are currently working on these flavours!

Sorry about that, we’ll take that to Woot

Sorry about that

glad you enjoyed them

These were excellent and went in for more this time. Thanks Rain, just hope Woot can perfect the shipping this time. Nearly 1 month to ship the chocolate was a bit much.