Ramsay by Kent Rasmussen 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon North Coast - 6 Pack

Am enjoying at the moment…better after aeration for sure. In for another? I think so.

career… what can I say… I’m a pilot

$19 at Rasmussen winery

'eh why not…in for 2, going to be a cold long winter in Michigan anyway, need something for the long winter nights

Obviously you don’t work at my local medical center…

Re the wine for those who din’t know there is a previous woot though i’m too lazy to post it.

Great second label cheap drinker from a top PN producer Kent Rasmussen and his SF CS and PS are all amazing too.

This is simpler, with dark fruit and good minerality. Not overripe, but accessible and easy. Great for hte price!

Only drawback IMHO is the greater-than-average bottle variation. But even the less good ones are better than most at this price!

Hmm… lots of Rattage on the original offer. First one says it was what you’d expect for a $10 bottle. 2nd said don’t decant it and it is nothing special, but not horrible for “non-snobs.” 3rd Rat was a bit of chef and talked a lot about food pairings. 4th said it gets “lighter” with more breathing (which they liked). #4 wasn’t overly impressed and didn’t purchase. The last Rat tasted with his wife and they split on it, he liked it, she didn’t. (Also seemed that he preferred it decanted as it was hot on a pop 'n pour.)

Hope that summarizes for you all.

Agree! Too many auto-buys to keep up with.

I’m not feeling it on this one. And to look at what I already have, I buy the cheap stuff. But want the good cheap stuff. This may fit both of those categories, but I’m just not getting that vibe.

I have enjoyed this in the past so out comes the credit card and in for 1. Can’t pass this up!

I split this first time around with a co-worker. I am NOT a fan. Still have two bottles. I’m gona wait a couple years and try another. Might cook with it instead though.

Couldn’t pass this up, even though I’ve bought a couple of cases of wine this week. Who can say “No” to Kent Rasumssen??

Like Kent’s stuff.

Anyone recall why Kent picked the Ramsay name in particular for this line of wine?

Thanks for the summary. And it was an excellent summary.

Just made my first wine woot. cant wait for it. i hope its good and that my cousin doesnt drink it all before she gives it to me since i cant have it delivered to my state

I can’t believe this is going to be the last wine offered and I didn’t make one purchase during the Woot-off. So depressing.

went in for 1. good looking price for wine to serve at my wedding :slight_smile:

In for one, if nothing else should be a decent daily drinker…

You’ve been in for a bunch lately. Your weddings guests should be very happy.

Definitely helpful, thanks.