Random 14" Dual-Core Windows 7 Laptops

Do these come with the Windows 7 CD ROMS or DVD ROMS?

If they do, it might be worth it… if you want Win 7 to put on another computer.

You don’t need them to come with a disc, just a product key. As long as you have one of those, you can make your own dvd straight from microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

OH, because if it was an Fmachine or Black Dell it wouldn’t be a deal…you racist mutha trucka. Sorry, i try to play the F card at least once a day.

Atlanta Electronics LLC. via Newegg offers the refurbished 5-lb. HP EliteBook 8440p Intel Core i5 2.4GHz 14" Laptop for $222 with free shipping. That’s $7 under last week’s mention of a refurb, $133 off list, and a strong price for a Core i5 laptop in general. Features include an Intel Core i5-520M 2.4GHz dual-core processor, 14" 1366x768 LCD, 4GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, DVD/CD-RW combo drive, 802.11n wireless, Gigabit Ethernet, and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Lizard!

probably zero

Came here for laptop specs; got a lesson in ‘Tax Deductions’. w00t-win!

For just $1400 more you could have this:

Alienware 15 ANW15-5350SLV Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz) 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB GDDR5 15.6" Windows 8.1 64-Bit

computers age like dog years. this is 8 year old technology, which is ancient by tech standards. i doubt any charity would take these. at 100 bucks these might be ok. at the asking price you really need to be ignorant to buy one.

Doesn’t work with OEM sticker keys though. I tried, they tell you to contact the manufacturer who will gladly sell you one for $300.

Have they had cpu processors on computer woot lately?

No, they will not come with recovery CDs.

For just a little more, you can get a zippy Chromebook.

Thanks – Excellent suggestion! Used the 8440p for over 2 years and it’s solid.

I’m sure the small charity appreciates being given a brick of a computer. They can afford to get it into working shape. Next time they see you coming, they’ll lock the doors and pull the shades.

Is this a joke? These specs are absurd. Talk about getting ripped off.

The argument here is that very few people have state income tax withheld that is less than the standard deduction? Seems a little strange.

DDR2 is sooo slow, and no 802.11n wireless? These are the laptops you see at Goodwill, and leave on the shelf.

Actually the speed of the RAM is determined more by the CAS latency. Notice that as ddr1-2-3 speeds in MHz have increased, CAS latencies have also increased. So while the clock ticks at a higher frequency, the speed of the column address strobe in the ram chips themselves may not be any faster. So just to throw some arbitrary numbers out there, you may find that a stick of DDR2 running at 800MHz and CAS 5 may run circles around a stick of DDR3 running at 1333MHz and CAS 12. (lower CAS latency is better)

“Give us money, we’ll send you a dinged-up laptop worth a bit more than what you paid us.”

… sorry, but a laptop with 2GB RAM that is likely not expandable, ain’t worth $149.