Random Crap

Was it shipped ground or smartpost?

If it was listed on the website that means you got it through FedEx ground, not crappost? Crappost never has it listed on the site.

SmartPost

call the about mu BoC woot only 1.9 lbs lol how many bags of air i get i wonder

Just called…
3.28 lbs :frowning:

We’re in the final hour of business for SmartPost today…so give them a call before you have to wait until tomorrow!!

(Option 1)

hey 3.28 is better than 1.9 lol

good things come in small packages sometimes

What was the weight on yours?

I just got my BOC, within:

1 Funny Multifunctional Toy: Clown
1 Woot Wine Bottle carrier
1 Motostar bluetooth headset
1 Refurbished Vector Jump Starter

mostly crap, good value though if the starter works!

They aren’t answering the phone - do you HAVE to leave a msg?

No, they will pick up. The lines may be full right now.

I know their hours are 8-5 central.

I know that half the fun of the Bag of Crap is waiting for it to come but it was discussed at one point if Smartpost was worth it. Apparently USPS Parcel Post costs less than this method of shipping. Why is woot still using this shipper knowing all of the issues that have been had with Smartpost for all items?

I just called and they didn’t pick up even though they should have ~43 minutes left of business hours. Maybe they cut out early…

Woot may have negotiated a volume discount.

Maybe woot has some sort of business deal where they get discounted rates or something.

I’m not saying that this is definitive proof. http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1387942

But it was because I read that that I posted, not just a personal mind experiment. I’m not saying a volume discount is impossible just musing.

Hey…it says right at the bottom of the page you buy your craps:

The crap will be shipped via SmartPost, the crappiest shipping method available to us.

Guess they weren’t lying.

Maybe FedEx approached woot and made it sound like a better deal.

Can you imagine the VOLUME of calls (meaning amount not audible) just for the wootoffs? hehehehehe Have to hire an additional crew just to field our calls.