Random Dual-Core Windows 7 Pro Desktops

Technically, OEM licenses are licensed to the computer, not the user. As in, non-transferable.

Woot never fails to remind us how terrible they are these days (years). Terrible “deals” one after another.

Depends on the machine it was tagged to… If it is a dell machine then it that key is only going to be valid when you validate it from a dell machine.

Yet I still check every day because they had a good deal on underwear that one time :frowning:

maybe visit her today with a windows 7 laptop to make sure she’s comfortable with it since windows 10 isn’t really that much different as far as usability goes. Windows’ UIs really aren’t that much different than windows 95 which came out in her late 40s.

Not sure it’s saying much to say at least they’re charging less than BlairTG is and you’re getting a slightly better HDD than Blair’s offering, plus Blair’s aren’t coming with any accessories such as keyboard and mouse (extra $15 there).

And I too miss the days when Woot was the site where you had to be offering a truly great deal to be that day’s deal. They’d diluted their brand even before Amazon made them their outlet store.

+1
Concur

Someone has been telling us we suck since 7/13/2004. :tongue:

I think the point is most of us long-termers love Woot for what it used to be. Those of you that have been around on staff since 7/13/2004 know the difference. We still come back for the occasional days where the “old Woot” makes an appearance. It’s not so much that the “old Woot” didn’t have bad deals (I mean… how else would you make BOC’s), but more recently it is clear that Woot is just Amazon’s Outlet Store most of the time.

Just out of curiosity. What do you think today is from Amazon’s Outlet store? These desktops are not something I would associate with Amazon. I wish I knew what my original woot account is to see some original purchases. This account shows the 1st 3 we’re a watch, a Roomba, and some USB cables. I could see any of those showing up this week on Woot.

Someone should make Woot! cool again.

Sorry but we aren’t Amazon’s outlet. We can’t be as an independent subsidiary. The only area that would be even remotely close are the Flash Deals. We pull those from Amazon aged and overstock inventory. Key word is “We pull”. If we don’t want it, we don’t take it.

We have buyers that I sit with that are working on deals day in and day out.

We’re working to get more focus as we go forward. That’s why we removed Kids & Fashion. We’re also not running a bazillion side deals. We’re working to get better deals all around.

Some will hit with you and others won’t. That’s the nature of the retail world. Because you don’t like something doesn’t mean everyone feels the same way.

Have a nice day.

You’re not that “independent” if Amazon is forcing Amazon Logistics shipping down your (and our) throats with no way to avoid it. So far they’re 1 of 4 here and all I get from Woot! is “As you have not yet received this order, your order seems to have been lost in transit, we’re really sorry for this. To help compensate the inconvenience caused, Here is a $5 coupon to use on your next purchase.”

Why would I want to spend any more money at Woot! when there is little chance I’ll actually get the merch?

You really need to eliminate AMZL from your shipping options before it sinks you.

Sorry for the problems with Amazon Logistics. That’s is definitely a problem we’re aware of and are working to get that tracking visible to our customers.

BUT, they are not forcing it down our throats. We use Amazon warehouse facilities and shipping like many 3rd party sellers do. They’re good at it and they know how to ship things fast. Well, I guess they are a bit since we can’t opt out of it.

Even though we use their warehouses, it’s merchandise purchased by us. We’re only using their fulfillment and shipping services.

I’ll definitely pass on your comments about Amazon Logistics.

The Sellout item is most clearly this. Although in fairness that is the one page they acknowledge this. I think the Roku deal also falls into this category. So does the Essnetial Oil Deal (part of which is actually priced HIGHER than Amazon).
The Computer deal that we are commenting on is formatting like a Woot deal, but priced like an Amazon Outlet deal. $89.99 or $99.99 would have been a more Woot-esque price.

The Tools/Garden deal is definitely Woot-esque. The Sports/Outdoors deal I’d say also qualifies.

The Shirt Category remains unique to Woot. I can’t really judge the Wine category as I know little about the subject.

So I’d say 2/5 (or 3/6 if you count Shirt.Woot) are Woot-like and 3/5 are Amazon Outlet-like. As I said in a previous post, I think part of it is they 1-a-day of “Old Woot” versus the several a day with the new system. It gives a different impression even if the overall rate of good deals in a day is fairly similar.

If you don’t want it, don’t buy it…
Way to many Homer’s in this thread.

TT says “sorry but we aren’t Amazon’s outlet. We can’t be as an independent subsidiary. The only area that would be even remotely close are the Flash Deals. We pull those from Amazon aged and overstock inventory. Key word is “We pull”. If we don’t want it, we don’t take it.”

Recently I purchased a set of four items from Flash deals. Only one shipped and upon complaining to WOOT about the shortage was told there were no more left and given a refund. Knowing that these items came from Amazon, I checked their stock and availability…plenty of sets available! Pissed off I complained to WOOT about there being plenty available where those came from…they didn’t care to address the issue…and it’s not the first time this has happened to me. WOOT and Amazon SUCK!

if it changes to BOGO I may be in

This comment thread is gold! :smiley: Seriously, a workstation this cheap would be great for kids or people who need a machine for word processing and web surfing. You could even load it with linux or purpose it into a pfsense box. I would buy one but I already have 5 computers and a new arrival would leave my wife questioning why I need another computer.

Yeah… there is nothing special about this Woot. The offering price is about the same as what others are charging for used Core i3 with 4GB of memory.