Ravi Instant Wine Chiller

To clarify, I typically utilize wine.woot to find something off the beaten path or special, and I feel like previously “detour” wines achieved this goal better than rolling wine.woot into the more standard “woot-off” format. Of course I am staying tuned!

i think you can leave this thing in teh freezer and whenever you feel like drinking you can take it out and start

True, but if you just keep it stored in the freezer all the time, it’s ready for you at any point.

You can order it… It’s just not for wine. :wink:

I think the idea is you leave this in the freezer and break it out when you need it. It would be kind of silly to not have it chilling when not in use (and clean)

This is not a quality post.

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw this come up next! Although whites aren’t really the problem here.

The point is that you just store it in your freezer, just like the freezer bowl of an ice cream maker. It should work fine unless you drink a bottle more often than every 6 hours.

Some people don’t have that kind of time on their hands.

Now, when I bring a loverly bottle of chardonnay home from my friendly grocer…and absolutely CANNOT wait for it cool in the fridge, I have the (drum roll)…RAVI. And I am INSTANTLY cool and relaxed.

You may snark, but you’ve hit closer to home than you think.

Anyone know if you can use this item in line with the Soirée Bottle Top Wine Aerator?

I think the POINT, Big White, is that the Ravi would already be in the freezer and already frozen prior to the arrival of said wine.

Is there a wine.woot BOC?

And if that’s the case, at SOME point the temperature of the wine ceases to matter, no? :slight_smile:

We rule!

Yes, but it’s very do-it-yourself. Cereal of your choice, wine of your choice. I find it’s the only good use for certain creamy California Chardonnays, which will remain nameless.

If you have a frozen bowl, you can just pour the wine in there and enjoy a nice, refreshing slushy.

Does this provide any aeration? Or just a quick chill?

in for 3… if anything to open up space in my wine cellar for reds… now i can keep the whites on the rack…