RAVPower 16750mAh Power Bank

RAVPower 16750mAh Power Bank

according to the manufacturer website, this unit weighs 1.1 lb. JADP.

1 Like

I’m just slightly impressed that they appear to have snuck in a Lamy Safari fountain pen in the 2nd product photo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this, but I’m really trying to get rid of all my micro usb cable devices.

1 Like

Image prominently says “11.99 for Prime members”.

I signed in via my Amazon Prime account and did not get the discount.

Here’s a few things to try:

• Log out of Woot and log in using the Login with Amazon button
  • On the checkout page, check “use this address”
  • If you are using Microsoft Edge, switch to Chrome or FireFox
  • Clear cookies for Amazon & Woot
  • Allow cookies from Amazon & Woot
  • Allow pop-ups; turn off pop-up blockers
  • Log out and back in on Amazon, especially if you’ve changed anything there (e.g. cards, email, etc.)
  • Try an incognito or private mode in your browser

We have a lot of RAVPower stuff. It is good. When we did have an issue with the light on a battery pack a while back, their Customer Support was excellent, immediately sending out a replacement.

1 Like

I think @jjkenobi is referring to the fact this pack itself uses Micro-USB for charging. If one has switched to all USB-C devices in their home/car and this is the one lone device that needs Micro-USB to charge I supposed that could be a minor inconvenience.

Although everything will change to another connector in a couple years, so whatever.

2 Likes

Aha, makes sense, I’ll delete my comment.

1 Like

3 Likes

Connector standards change every few years, but the lithium battery in this unit will be at end-of-life in about 5 years anyway. I’m more concerned about inflated power specs that are rampant among this type of device. The 16750 mAh figure refers to the 3.7v battery inside the device. It will actually provide about 9000 mAh at 5v - about enough to charge your phone twice. That’s assuming they are being truthful about the battery capacity. Lithium batteries have two capacities. One is how much can be drained while still allow one recharging and the other, bigger number, is how much until the battery is entirely dead and therefore unrecoverable.

2 Likes

Nope, @ThunderThighs, I had already signed in with my Amazon Prime account in Chrome, tried incognito, no popup blocker running at any time, etc; sorry, but this deal isn’t worth this much hassle.

1 Like

You are so right.

1 Like

Unfortunate the limit is one. These make decent fill-in-the-gaps Christmas gifts/Stocking stuffers for hard to buy for folks.

1 Like

Agreed, the Amazon sign-in kludge seems to come up all the time. But it worked fine for me on a Windows 10 PC using Firefox.

1 Like

Hi again. Sorry for the frustration. I do see that you’ve signed in with Prime benefits today. Are you sure there’s not a box asking you to approve your address? It’s kinda small.

Tried to select color, didn’t work. Won’t allow me to buy if I don’t select color. WTF?

Desktop? App?
Working for me on desktop.
Refresh the page or try a different browser?

Found out they were adding more inventory right about the time you were trying to order.
Black and Midnight black are the same color just different internal skus.

1 Like

If it is the same color, why expose the issue to customers and create confusion? Woot’s backend cannot map multiple sku’s to the same sales product? This cannot be the only time that has happened.

1 Like