RAVPower 300W Portable Power Station

RAVPower 300W Portable Power Station

It says for Cpap use but then says it will shut down after thirty seconds of one of the Cpaps cycles. Which is it?

1 Like

Read the information above the paragraph where it says it will shut down after 30 seconds of low current draw. It states that you have to long press one of the buttons to prevent it from shutting down when the CPAP enters sleep mode.

1 Like

Amazon has it for $199.99 with a $40 off coupon so its $10 more to get it there and that might be worth it to some folks even just for quicker arrival.

[MOD: i’m not seeing the $40 coupon.]

2 Likes

If I really wanted this, the Amazon listing would be better, as it’s offering free same day delivery (for the next 64 minutes).

1 Like

Yeah, worded kind of weird.

I think they are trying to say the AC outlets turn off automatically after 30 seconds if there is less than 4 watt load on them. This may be a concern in certain situations with CPAP machines which automatically enter low-power mode when not in use, so one may want to use the manual override to force the AC outlets to stay on at all times when using with CPAP.

For example, if you take off your mask during the night. Many machines will automatically detect mask-off and go into standby. After a couple of minutes it will go into low power mode, and then this power station would detect low load and turn off the AC outlets after 30 seconds. If you then put your mask back on, normally the machine would automatically detect mask-on and start back up, but now it is hard powered off and you might not realize it until the apnea wakes you up the rest of the way. Really it would be similar to dealing with a power blackout in the middle of the night.

1 Like

Is there a ready-made 12V car outlet adapter available to purchase or would I need to make my own?

Edit - To clarify, adapter to go from the 12VDC output on this power station to a common 12VDC automotive-style (eg. cigarette lighter) outlet. I have not been able to find the barrel size or polarity of the 12VDC port.

1 Like

A tip for those wanting to use a battery pack like this for a CPAP - Use a 12V DC power convertor that plugs into the 12V DC output of the battery instead of the AC outlet. Those are usually between $40 and $70, but extends the battery life significantly. You just need to make sure the converted voltage, current and plug are compatible with your CPAP. With a smaller battery pack than this one, we were able to go from ~ 6 hours to 4 nights by doing this. Yes, the convertors are pricy, but less expensive and more compact than multiple battery packs if you need to use it for more than a couple of days. This is what we use - unavailable now an Amazon, but can be found elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Converter-Freedom-Battery-Included/dp/B00UW34KR4/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=24v+power+converter+cpap&qid=1617888786&s=industrial&sr=1-2

1 Like

They have one on Amazon. I bought one from there a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Here you go.

https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Converter-Cigarette-Transformer-Refrigerator/dp/B078RZQ9WY

1 Like

I see the $40 coupon on amazon.com, too.

1 Like

I meant an adapter to go from the 12VDC power port on this power station to 12VDC automotive socket.

1 Like

Ordered 2 last time, both had something inside like a screw rattling around, called RAVPower and they said woot was not an authorized seller even though Amazon was, that they wouldn’t honor any warranty what so ever.

BUYER BEWARE: ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY FROM MANUFACTURER.

2 Likes

Can someone from Woot confirm the warranty? The listing says 18 month warranty

1 Like

Call up their support yourself, I spent 3 hours and talked with 2 supervisors and then waited a day for a call back from another supervisor, they WILL NOT honor any warranty at all.

1 Like

Hi there, yes the warranty is 18 months.

1 Like

Real life experience for the win.

1 Like