Rayovac Ultra Pro Alkaline AA 24/AAA 24

I pressed “place order” 6 times! It wouldnt go through. I screenshot it and it was exactly 12. I stayed up for a glitch. Not cool.

1 Like

Made sure I was signed in right before.

Even practiced with the cart.

Magically, I was signed out, the sign in page was blank, the continue button repeatedly would not work. And when it finally did, ) “our servers doth protest”.

This is just not a case of a bunch of ppl trying to buy something breaking a system.

Without evidence and data, kinda hard to say what’s going on…

Then again, after double checking login status, default card, default address and being quite ready just moments before (as many of us appeared to be)…and then being not logged in just as the listing shows & the login page is the one broken, not the cart…

well, it tells it’s own story.

1 Like

I only every get asked to reentery password for flash sales. Seriously, whats the point of “quick as you can click” flash sales of you have to re-log in (or even get a code for email)? Isn’t that why we got a dedicated app so that those sorts of things are taken care of?

Im fine with “you didn’t refresh fast enough” or “haha, wait in the vop for maybe forever”, but there is no reason to send me out to my email for a comfirmation code for an app that I’ve stayed logged into for ages. Fight the bots some other way.

2 Likes

I liked how the countdown clock on the backpacks kept restarting when it got close to 0 seconds left… Yep, it’s just the Amazon robots/gremlins. Nothing to see here.

Hey… Taking ownership of your action/inaction hurts. Have to have an easy scapegoat.

If only Zuck owned woot… To the moon!

more like

welcome to hell swerk GIF

3 Likes

Lol, Amazon owns the AMAZON checkout. I highly doubt they let just anyone work on that.

And, there it is…blame Amazon for the fact that the Woot! app makes you log in multiple times within minutes, even immediately after you just logged in. Funny that I have NEVER had to repeatedly log in to the Amazon app…but when the Woot! app forces that, then it’s not Woot!'s responsibility…just laugh it off and blame the customer…

1 Like

It’s not the Woot app asking you to log in multiple times.

It’s the Amazon checkout that’s asking you to log in and go through security steps.

I’m glad it does that. I like being the only person using my credit card.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

@pepper114 is correct. We don’t own the login or payment widgets. Amazon owns it and we just send your info through it. Amazon takes data security very seriously and will ask for logins before purchases in some cases and when viewing account data.

Also, when there’s a stampede of orders like this, the servers can choke and not load some data causing another login.

Same

1 Like

My point is that Woot! should care enough about its Woot! customers to make the effort to make their Woot! shopping experience with the Woot! app better. Like, for instance, working with their Amazon owners and ask, “Hey, how come our Woot! customers have to log in multiple times per minute to make purchases when they can log in only once on Amazon’s app?”, instead of just falling back on “there’s nothing poor little old Woot! can do about it…”. And, the irony that this is all happening during Amazon Prime appreciation week is just awesome!

But, on the plus side, I have been spending way too much on Woot! lately, so this makes it much easier to put a stop to that… As I said in my original post, I used to have fun shopping with Woot!, even when I lost out on some promotion or contest…that was just part of the fun to see if I could score one of the deals or win one of the contests. But now, just trying to buy something regularly requires multiple log in attempts (NOT just during contests, by the way), then it has just become a frustrating customer experience. And it’s a shame that Woot! doesn’t seem to be even trying to improve that experience. Instead, just blame it on Amazon, or even suggest that I should be GLAD that I have to repeatedly log in within a minute’s timeframe just to make a purchase…

1 Like

From what I understand, Woot has been in close contact with Amazon about their login process. But there’s only so much Woot can do. Please keep in mind TT can only do so much, and honestly, Woot itself can only do so much.

Amazon has very strict procedures in place to ensure the safety of its users. I know it can lead to frustration when you have to login repeatedly but I’d rather do that than sacrifice security. I regularly have to log in more than once on other sites that take security seriously, too, so this isn’t out of the norm. I started using Apple Music recently and it doesn’t let me check my account without logging in, I can’t make any purchases without logging in, etc.

The difference with logging in via Amazon on Woot is receiving and sending sensitive information via a third party (Woot – yes, I know Woot is owned by Amazon but it’s still effectively separate) so it has more checks in place to ensure nothing goes sideways. That’s a good thing. If they didn’t do all that and your info was vulnerable, you wouldn’t be happy, and rightfully so.

Also, TT does her best. She’s a just person who’s trying her best to do her job but she isn’t responsible for everything, especially a gigantic corporation like Amazon. Woot is a much smaller company with far fewer resources. Please be kind, even when you disagree. That’s me asking, because I see all the stuff she has to deal with on a daily basis. It’s enough to wear anyone down. Thank you.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

This should not fall solely on @ThunderThighs thighs shoulders.

I know how much it can suck to be the face/name people associate with the business.

Why don’t you guys spread it out a bit internally and quietly instead of guilt tripping the customers for it, ok?

Howard Johnson is right!

external-contentduckduckgo

You think I meant it as a good thing?

Yup… Big Zuck fan

All the billionaires seem pretty cool

Elon Musk Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Mel Brooks Comedy GIF

Go Blazing Saddles GIF

a8aaa2f5-377a-41e6-88d2-b8ebdcc1ceb5_text

2 Likes

Harumph!

I got an email this morning from UPS that my batteries will be arriving tomorrow.

A couple of minutes ago, Woot let me know that they were shipped.

The old Woot wouldn’t have let me gotten the batteries for another few weeks. :sob: