Razer Arctosa Keyboard – Silver

How well would this work as a programmable multimedia keyboard?

Okay this keyboard is decent. I’m somewhat angry at the fact I paid 40 dollars more for mine at Best Buy but i’ll let that slip for now.

What really bothers me about it is a freezing key error it has on occasion. While playing a game or typing a document, one key might randomly stop working (usually the “A”) and will remain off until you unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. In the past month it’s happened maybe once, but if you’re really into competitive team-based games its something you need to be aware of. Other than that the LED lights are cool and the keys funciton in such a way that if you spill something on the KB it won’t completely ruin it (and yes, I had the freezing key problems before the first time I spilled beer on it).

Sure you get a nice cheap razor now, but then the replacement blades cost a ton!

Yes! You can type on them by throwing darts at them, to hone your skills.

wootwatcher for android apps.

Description says silver, picture shows black?

I can’t even begin to understand how $25 is a good price for a refurbed keyboard.

But, i’m a practical person who wants to see the next items so…

OMFG!! This keyboard is amazing! I’m in for 3! Are you in for 3?!?! Everyone should be in for 3! These are the deal of the century!

Enough with the refurbished shit. If I see a new Razer mouse, keyboard or headset on here, I’ll definitely consider it but I’m not interested in used peripherals and that’s all I’ve seen in a while. I’ll buy used games or CDs or movies or something but come on. That’s just gross.

it is time for sleep.

Well, it has dedicated basic media keys . . . If you want more functionality than that, it looks like you’d have to re-map some of the regular keys. If you want dedicated keys for macros or custom keystrokes, etc. without sacrificing existing “normal” keys, then I’d get a keyboard that actually has some dedicated macro keys. I love my Logitech G15 for media, it’s got 18 programmable keys with 3 modes (total 54 custom keys per profile), nice media keys, and a little pop-up screen to display all sorts of info. It is a bit bulky though.

Anyway, the keyboard here would be OK I guess, but it depends exactly what you want out of it.

What’s up with all the folks in KS needing keyboards??

BTW, this item just needs to go away.

Thank you

Was just about to say the same one. Going to bed and leaving my phone on loud so I can hop on my computer really quick if anything comes up that interests me.

They all ordered a bunch of stuff from Newegg to build a PC, but forgot the basics? lol

I remember I forgot to add a dvd drive to my cart for my first build and then I couldn’t install Windows for another week.

This board has one of the more horrendous tactile responses on the market. My GF’s “gaming PC” from Asus shipped with one of these. I had to fight her to get my K350 back once she tried it…

I just noticed that WootBot hasn’t purchased any woots…

We know the Woot staff is busy typing away daily making all that copy most of us never read for each item… so maybe they deserve new keyboards, and WootBot could take one for the team… Team Me that is… possibly Team Us, but mostly Me.

As long as it isn’t Team Edward, everyone wins.

And you didn’t have a spare you could pull from another system for the time being? What kind of nerd are you?!?!

Obviously they lost their keyboards to tornadoes.

Notice I said first build. I was young and my parents wouldn’t let me take the drive out of their computer. Nowadays, I’ve got drawers full of spare everything lol

edit: Also, at that time, flash memory was still pretty expensive so I didn’t have a flash drive large enough to be able to install Windows from it.