Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card

How is this just as a sound card for music?

“Interesting” choice putting a DVI port on a soundcard. Makes the blind-reaching-around-behind-the-computer-to-plug-stuff-in routine rather interesting I bet.

just FYI, Razer finally got the Vista 64 drivers up and running (which had been a previous sore spot), so it should be good for any version of Windows XP or Vista

Notice that is not the DVI connector. You can damage your DVI connector if you connect it to the connector of this card.

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t need colored spaghetti spewing out of the back of my PC, thanks.

Bought one last time it was on woot. They just recently (very recently) updated the drivers, so the drivers are now signed and work with vista. Careful when installing the drivers however, because at least for me, there was extra software with my previous soundcard (came with the mobo) that was not removed when I uninstalled the rest of the software and drivers with it, so just be careful in that respect. Sound Quality is great, seems to be a tremendous upgrade, even without the best speakers.

Great Product, highly reccomend, WORKS WITH VISTA ULTIMATE 64-BIT.

it will imnprove your pc in games more frame rates and better performance for the pc. i cant explain it good sorry, but this sound card will be better over intergraded sound. good luck.

Bought one last time. The C-media chipset is pretty nice. Sounded better than the realtek onboard I had. Biggest bonus was the dongle that all the audio cables plug in to. Makes it a lot easier to re-connect after upgrades. I still get pwned at cs, so not sure how well my “ESP” is working.

Picked this up last time and it works great! I love the sound quality of this card. Worth $55 shipped.

NOTE!

This will not take an optical signal from a ps3/xbox360 and play it through your computer speakers (despite the presence of an optical in and out port). Found that out the hard way (ie: from razer tech support after i bought the card). Still a good card for pc use though.

I picked this up last time for the same price. DEFINITELY worth the price. You will not find a better deal. The quality of this card is phenomenal if you’re into being somewhat of an audiophile. The one downside of this card is the drivers rock but this is because most of the recording-aspect things are stripped out, meaning you cannot use Tunebite and similar software to re-encode audio through the sound card itself.

Unless you are going to get the headphones dont bother. With the headphones this sound card in fps games is amazing.

Razer Barracuda AC-1 Driver 2.23 these will work with vista. i dont know how good though im in for .

NO SIR. You Dont Need It!

(If he did need it, he would already have something better. I for one consider myself a gamer, im using my mobo’s int. sound… It works just fine.

Went to their site and the drivers for Vista are in beta. Anyone have experience with them?

Bought one from Woot! back in January for $20 more and it was worth every penny then. Much better sound when playing MP3s and games than the onboard Realtek junk. The dongle is not my favorite way of hooking up my speakers; but, it works just fine. I have four speakers and a subwoofer and the card produces very good surround characteristics. If you use your PC for any kind of multimedia (movies, music, games) and are still using your motherboard’s built-in sound, get this card.

Plain and simple Because the onboard stuff craps out. Unless you have a custom built pc with a good 100+ dollar mother board the onboard stuff will crap out due to its low quality. I had this problem when my onboard sound and PS/2 connectors died. Onboard connections are ok But not the best.

They have a knowledge base for some basic Q&A about the card.

This is a hell of a deal! it really is a bargain tonight this thing cost 100$+ dollars everywhere else this is one of the biggest deals woot did in awhile. But I’m not a gamer so I’m not going to buy it but if I was.

You wouln’t want to do that any way. The lag created from that would be horriable. It would be like running video into your computer to play it on your moniter. Lag would be huge causeing a load of problems. Unless you like hearing gunshots after your dead?