Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card
$49.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card

Froogled

I see Dolby listed, but dies it support Dolby 7.1?

No Vista support? the website appears to have a driver, but it’s not listed in the description.

3.5 stars on AMazon…

No cnet reviews found yet.

Better than Creative,

In for 1 Great price…

Great sound card, and I played $75 for it on Woot a while back.

Could someone who owns this product give their opinion, is it worth the expense and what does it add to the gaming/PC using experience?

Aw hell. It’s $20 cheaper than when I bought it less than 3 months ago.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1902398

I got all excited when I saw that then read sound card…

Okay perfect. I need a sound card, I have onboard sound only and it’s realtek HD. I want my music to be MUCH louder (my 6 year old powerbook can blast tunes WAY louder). Will this make my music louder and clearer in my headphones. I am somewhat of an audiophile and I built my new rig myself. I’m ashamed to admit I don’t know the answer to this question so I must throw myself at the whim of the brilliant tech capable wooters! Thanks for the help!

So with just the HD-SDI and optical outputs is there any way to plug regular speakers into it?

$200 at Wal-Mart Good Deal

If you want louder audio, then you’ll want to get powered speakers. If you’re really an audiophile, you’ll want monitors and a preamp.

Thanks Woot!

This is perfect for all of the people that swore they would never purchase Creative cards again thanks to the daniel_k driver issue! Buy em up!!

also, its 149.99 at newegg! good deal!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829153001

Random long google link

Same deal here

Wow, at least it’s not a Creative card. :wink:

Hey, that should’ve been in the description (or specs), if Woot were really on top, of, things

I’m sure I’m not the only person that’s found the funny in this newest item? :smiley:

lenthy explanation for the wootbot to bless me with follows.
It should be noted that this is not a Creative card. Why? Creative decided that they want to intentionally cripple their drivers and silence the person that wrote uncrippled modifications to their “copyrighted” drivers. As a result, practically the entire Internet is boycotting Creative. If you’ve got a Creative card, you’d be wise to stick it to Creative and buy this card instead - and direct your peers this way as well.

Me, personally, I don’t game (much) and my onboard Realtek HD audio works very well. If you’ve got a home theater system, it would very much benefit from one. :slight_smile:

Anyone get one of these and use it on Vista with the drivers from February 22nd? How did it work? Thanks.