Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset

YAY! My Copperhead died, so I had to go back to my old Lachesis.

I have Billy Idol’s “White Wedding” song stuck in my head. I really need to get off work so I can get some sleep.

Welp… that’s it for me; goodnight woot… please to be having good stuffs when I wake up - and continue to sell crap whilst I sleep.

Can you tell that they are refurbished? I’m always a little reluctant about pre-owned items of a personal nature. I wouldn’t consider earbuds, toothbrushes, underwear, coffeemakers( or much of any food related appliance that doesn’t get real hot).

Do these get cleaned and sanitized well, or do the come, smelling of sweat and hair gel?

SICK, will buy a 1

Omg. I am checking woot from my cell phone and the entire product title didn’t display. So at first, all I saw was the silver head & razer carcharias gaming head. I was like wtf, we’re going to be here forever waiting for this stupid head to sell out. Then I finally scrolled over to see the price and saw ‘‘headset’’. I need coffee lol

Is it just me or is that a photoshop fail up where the cord goes into the headset?

…or mebbe he’s just absorbing the cord into his neck?

It’s getting old that people ask the Mac compatibility question on almost all items, that annoys me. It always annoys me when people ask questions that are answered on the description page (as in this case). It REALLY annoys me when people ask questions answered in the freakin’ item title!!

I got one of these during an earlier appearance on Woot.

The bass frequencies aren’t as “crisp” as I’m used to, but the overall sound is good.

The ear cups have soft fuzzy padding, are just big enough to surround my ear without pressing on them, and are quite comfortable. The cable is almost inconveniently long, and the connectors are standard 3.5mm phono plugs which should work with just about everything. (The “not compatible with Mac” admonition is rubbish; all the Macs I’ve met have 3.5mm phono jacks for headphones.)

The microphone also seemed surprisingly good for something so inexpensive.

All told, I quite like them and would buy them again.

in for 1 =]

I’m pulling an all nighter for finals and this item is really killing my woot-off experience tonight. Where’s the Bag of Crap?!?

People are going to do what they are going to do. How you react is up to you.

It’s a driver thing. I bet Razer has official headset drivers for it or something (this IS Razer we’re talking about), which is the only part I can see not being compatible…

I read this 2 minutes ago and I am still chuckling!

The headphones themselves will work- but the “mac” issue is with the mic. On PC’s, the sound card provides what is known in the audio world as phantom power. It allows the mic to work. (this is also why you get a slight buzzing if you were to plug in a device- like an iPod’s sound out or sound board’s mix to the mic in (line in) port). On a Mac, the line in port is not powered at all. This allows for a cleaner line in port, but doesn’t allow mics with a 3.5" plug to work.

Also, on newer MacBooks, the sound in/headphone jack are the same- they just require software switch between input/output so the even if mic features could work on the mac, you couldn’t use the mic at the same time as the headphones.

In for one :smiley:

Received mine, but it is defective. The left ear does not work. I hope Razer will exchange for a working set. I’d hate to have wasted $40.