Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset
$34.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169415800

this works with xbox right?

It says it isn’t compatible with Macs, why wouldn’t it be if it is just 3.5mm jacks?

These are great headsets. I have one that I use on a regular basis, plus a second one as a spare. Well worth the price.

Refurbished…? Do they clean the earwax out when they refurbish these?

“The great white shark, scientific name Carcharodon carcharias”

these will bite ya funkin head off

I’m more interested in buying the mannequin head than this headseat.

Hurray, been waiting for these to show up again!

You need an adapter because it splits the audio in and out into two jacks. It’s also too big to fit a xbox controller. This uses 3.5mm and xbox uses 2.5mm I believe.

“Refurbished” does that include cleaning off the ear wax?

Great for going to dirt track and pretending you are crew chief in NASCAR.

Not on these. That service is only available on the Deluxe models!

i bought these during last woot off. not too bad. works with xbox 360 with astro mix amp. (not sure if it does without the mix amp though) works fine with skype. construction feels pretty good. no complaints

Are these compatible with the iPads that were sold in the last woot-off?

LAst time I got these, they were clean and worked just fine. The mic on mine just broke (after a year of being dropped on the floor).

I think the last woot after the wootoff instead of a monkey or usb wootoff lights it should be f5 replacement keys.

Because you’d need a USB to microphone adapter.

The input jack on a Mac is not a Microphone input, it’s a Line-In input. It expects a powered audio source, whereas a Microphone input provides power to the microphone to allow it to work.

Edit: Also, in for 1. Had this before and loved it. One of the sides ended up not working after I accidentally got the cord stuck on something and pulled it :frowning:

It has two 3.5mm jacks for headphones and mic. Great headset, I have one that I’ve been using for nearly two years now. The only thing that’s started going kaput is the volume wheel on the cord, but then again I drop these things and run them over with my desk chair all the time.

Nice long cord, woven rather than plastic, good sound, comfortable ear cups that are fabric so you won’t sweat and they put no pressure on my ears or temples whatsoever (I wear glasses). The mic is adjustable to a point - it’s fairly rigid but I haven’t found I’ve needed to move it that much anyway. It’s a boom mic so you can easily flip it up to get it away from your face.

I use them for gaming as well as for listening to music while I work - love this headset.