Razer Diamondback 1600dpi Gaming Mouse

I don’t check Woot very often, but it seems like everytime I actually do check, I end up buying something. I need to stop checking.

Diamondback looks like a nice mouse, I use the Copperhead myself and I’m very impressed with Razer when it comes to mouse.

I picked one up in blue. I like my Microsoft Explorer mouse but its seen better days. Cant pass this deal up, cheapest on ebay even is $20 + $8 shipping.

Sadly Razors have a problem, seems kind of random when it happens, mine (and plenty online) suffer from a random second click (mouse seems to just send a second click). I’ve updated firmware and software with no help (changed all kinds of settings to try to recify the error). Seen many people with the same issue online, only returning it fixed the issue which is a pain. Mine worked great for a while and then it started. At first I thought some menus etc weren’t working right until I tested it and it turned out to be totally random but VERY frequent. Seems like 1 in 3 clicks (average) gets this double click. Had 2 Razors do it now, different models =(

The second click is so fast it can even double submit a form (scary when submitting payment on a poorly written website). Trust me, it’s NOT user error. If you get one, I hope you’re luckier than me. (I have 100s of mice of all types and brands, only one that gives me real issue.)

I actually hate this mouse. I’ve had one for a few years and my wrist is always less comfortable than with the logitech or even microsoft. I also read all the great reviews but in the end, it’s up to you to figure out what fits best.

after reading your comment, i’m thinking whether i should get it or not
hum…

I could really use a new mouse. Like an above poster, I have a MS Explorer that’s showing its age. But it’s purely cosmetic issues; the thing still works great.

I was very tempted to hit this sellout, but I’m going to ultimately pass. On the positive side, it’s a great price for a nice, corded laser mouse. But on the negatives, I’d rather one contoured for my right hand, and I really just can’t get over the dumb light up thing. My MS mouse still looks kinda classy. Heh.

Can anybody tell me if the scroll wheel makes clicking noises when you scroll with it?

Edit: Found a website a review that it had notches for “bump” feedback, but made little to no noise. Here’s thelinkage. I’ll take the plunge, Woot, but you failed me with your Pinnacle TV tuner offered last spring-ish. Hopefully horrible experience won’t carry over to this one… Geez, that Pinnacle software sucked so bad :frowning:

I’ve been using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 since about last summer, and can’t imagine life with a different mouse.
It’s great for competitive fps gaming, and is very nicely designed and flows very ergonomically with the hand.

how are there people with two ‘this dot.woot’ purchases if this just launched today?

No, it doesn’t.

It launched yesterday.

It is a great mouse, a little shallow on the back. Basically if you need a new mouse this one is great for 20 bucks. If you don’t like it because of its shape or whatever, just sell it on ebay.

Could not resist for the price. I currently own a Microsoft 2000 dpi laser mouse. I bet the razer is going to be a massive improvment over the laser even if its lower dpi and optical.

Now I need a new keyboard…any suggestions?

got one of each color. been looking for a good deal on this. got two for less than the price of one!! go YaWoot!! :slight_smile:

Tempting as I do need another mouse, but I don’t think I’d ever buy a razer given their poor track record. I read bad stories about them on the net, so my friend decided to buy one anyone. It died within I’d say 30 days.

In for three…uh oh…this could be worse than woot…

Oh god, does Yahoo hate me? It wont let me order.

<3 hurrah the gaming mouses, one in each color, thanks :smiley:

I’ve been using a diamondback for about 2 years. Just ordered another in case mine goes out :slight_smile:

mmmmm blue mouse. I’ve been wanting a new mouse for some time and somehow missed the meese in the last woot-offs. So finally all I had to do was sellout and I’m set with a nice glowing blue mouse. Although I’m wondering if glowing blue is a good idea with 1 year olds in the house.

Thanks for selling out woot!