Razer Diamondback 3G Gaming Mouse

Real gamers ALWAYS use cords - there’s a noticable lag when useing a wireless mouse.

Mouse wheel? It’s a laser mouse.

I’ve owned one of these mice for about 3 years now. It’s solid, reliable, quick, light, and has never skipped a beat. Great bang for the buck.

Although I would prefer a larger, beefier mouse like some other people have mentioned, there’s nothing that comes close to the quality of this mouse for the price. Even if your imaginary wheel gets sticky :slight_smile:

I’ve bought a couple of these mice from woot previously. Neither one lasted two weeks. I don’t think this is the common experience but it’s something to be aware of.

does this come with the software cd for the mouse or just the mouse only?
& is the software mandatory for the mouse to work?
and what does OEM stand for?

no software necessary for windows.

I believe he was referring to the scroll wheel

i got this the last time they posted it. I don’t like it. You can’t program the buttons to launch applications. I wanted one of the side buttons to launch Notepad… no go.

I noticed that the single click sometimes double clicks as well… that’s annoying. It’s really narrow in the hand too. It’s not bulky. I have big hands so, i get cramps trying to hold this tiny thing.

The software it needs is BULKY. it needs to run like 4 or 5 processes in the background just to operate.

over all i give it a 1/5

GRAH, I bought one of these in the last woot off for the same price. Problem was it was a refurb and when it came it actually had parts missing from it including the laser itself so It wouldn’t work or even detect on my computer GARBAGE. But that was a refurb and this is “new” and also woot refunded my money’s so now I’m stuck with the thing wondering what to do with it. I think I might melt it. I bought a kensington slimblade media mouse with the money returned for $17 bucks from ebay that is shipping included and the thing is fantastic.

scroll wheel…

I’ve had 3 of these they work well until the cord starts to get loose then you have to shake it around a bit to get it to work, then after a while they just quit all together, I liked it so much I tried 3 times to get one that would last, none of them lasted more than about 6 months.

I see a "Smart post, Shipped’. I thought this means shipping is free, but here its a five dollars for shipping.

One does not game with a cordless mouse, to my knowledge. Cord = approaching infinite response time. Wireless = not that :stuck_out_tongue:

And, I disagree with the comments saying this mouse is not amazing. For $30 shipped?! This is the most amazing mouse affordable at this price. Ya a cool $90 will get you a ‘better’ ‘higher’ resolution but, IMHO, the added utility of an extra 1080 dpi or w/e does not justify that kind of money.

With that in mind, I highly doubt you’d be disappointed.

The idea of having to install bulky software (4 or 5 processes?!) is making me hesitate :expressionless:

I bought one of these ages ago for 2x the price from woot. I love it and still use. Just built a new desktop and lookie here, time for a new mouse too :smiley:

According to this information “At least 35MB of hard disk space (for drivers)” I don’t know if my mashine can handle this big space for drivers. I might skip this one…

is this mac compatible?

I picked up this mouse when it popped up over at woot!, I think for the same price.

No complaints at all about it so far. I had previously used Logitech optical mice for all of my computing needs, but I wanted to pick up something a little more “specialized.” This mouse has definitely done a great job filling in for the Logitech.

Why do people complain about cords on gaming mice? Obviously the mouse isn’t targeted towards them, and they’re messed up in the head/uneducated.

Also, the mouse DOES work with a Mac–there isn’t software for OS X, but the sensitivity/DPI adjustment is done within the mouse itself (something like 32MB of memory on board or so, to remember settings) and so it changes how the laser reads movement independent of a computer. I’m using it with a MacBook right now!

I got the limited edition razer gaming mouse from woot, and it’s a lot better than my Microsoft top-of-the-line gaming mouse that i paid about 3x more for. it was refurbished too. The light isn’t as sexy as they make it to be, but it’s definately a great gaming mouse. Of course, refurbished may fail, but these are new, and come with a 1 year warranty. I guess the price isn’t a steal, but it’s a good price for a brand new Razer Diamondback. I can’t vouch for this exact model, but it looks helluvalot like mine.

Eggsellent mouse…if you are a person with small hands especially…it can be used right or left handed, works with Mac (they even make a white one) and if you have a problem and tell Razer they will make it right.

Great response time, and it’s always on…no shaking the mouse to “wake” it up…
Love em own a few…never had one go bad…

dude that seriously blows…

i hope everything works out.