Razer Gaming Accessories

SC II. All the way.

FOR THE SWARM!!!

Great products - but I can say for Razer product a purchased ~2 years ago, their customer service/tech support is absolutely non-existent. If any updates are ever made (either to their software, you upgrade OS’s, new gaming technology comes out, etc) and you have a device which interfaces/requires drivers, don’t have any hope for them to support you. Just plan on purchasing a replacement (if the Razer doesn’t work, or more likely works, but has strange bugs) from another manufacturer.

Other than that, great products. Whatever they offer, will be a joy to use for ~2 years or so until software advances.

Most of their products are input devices. Once they are working you rarely need to worry about updating drivers… Ever.

“If any updates are ever made (either to their software, you upgrade OS’s, new gaming technology comes out, etc) and you have a device which interfaces/requires drivers, don’t have any hope for them to support you.”

They still provide driver support for their old hardware. Like EVERY tech company, when they haven’t produced a product for a few years you shouldn’t expect additional driver updates. But you can still find the final drivers for that hardware. Expecting them to continue to update drivers for every product for every future operating system is a ridiculous expectation.

How’s the Kraken for people wearing eyeglasses? I like the bright green, which isn’t really a great criteria for such a purchase but I don’t know the differences between the different models. All I know is I’d like analog because there’s less to go out of date.

It’s just a head’s up to those who may be looking at a keyboard with programmable buttons or features, or gaming controllers which are not readily picked up by Windows hardware…this was just my experience. (obviously a stand alone device such as headphones or a bag, need not have this problem!)

…not quite true. They have abandoned tech support for some older products (by older, I mean produced after Windows 7 hit…which date-wise yes, can be a few years, but still support-worthy in my mind). And yes, you can expect to find final drivers for that hardware…if you’re interested in using the games and software produced only up until the development of the Razer device you purchased. Yes, that’s a bit of a sweeping statement; but like I said, my experience was that while the Razer products I have have been excellent, their tech support has been sub-par when compared to similar tech/hardware vendors. They still work fine, just with a little bit of a headache/frustration, and a few lost features along the way.

I have a Razer DeathAdder (as found at the link at the bottom of this post), which has not failed me yet. I have owned it since 12/12/2009. I was having issues with their Synapse 2.0 software for a while, and after troubleshooting and emailing support I eventually gave up at using the software (everything was up to date when I gave up), but a few months ago, I updated the software and everything started working flawlessly again. Razer still seemed willing to assist me with this issue, but I eventually didn’t have the patience to keep re-installing different software and forgot about it. Tech support was still willing to help me despite the older mouse. It was out of warranty.

I understand that achoren was only ranting about a manufacturer not making drivers for products that are several years old. I am not testifying against that, I just wanted to mention that their tech support seems to be willing to help if there is an issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153007

I got the Tiamat 2.2 last month and the mic doesn’t work :frowning: that makes me a sad panda.

I own the Mamba wireless mouse, the battery life is lame so I just use it wired. I like it, but its pretty pricey.