Razer HP-1 Barracuda Gaming Headphones

Huh. All you negative nellies.

I bought a pair last time they were on woot and love them. System Shock 2 never sounded better, and Bioshock is outstanding.

You might say I’m shocked.

ha.

Anyway, they’re sold out now but I thought a positive voice might be nice. I put them on and take them off. I find them comfy, not too heavy, and they haven’t broken on me. What do you people DO with your headphones? Play croquet?

The only question before me at the moment is - do I go ahead and get the AC1 card up on woot today?

HMMMMM…

Yo, the exact same thing happend to me with the earphone piece falling into the speaker… I really really like the head phones, I just wish they were built better too.

Got the sound card but the headphones are sold out…

=[

Funny, I have the H5v2’s and I’m looking for a replacement :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine were like $30 shipped on buy.com for the 3.5mm versions.

Since I rarely if ever use my mic anymore (it’s not even plugged in) I’m going with a set of Audio-Technica ATH-Pro700’s. I need something with better sound :slight_smile:

Great woot though, and the five part series made me lol.

So if this is hour of the barracuda part 2, where is part 3?

part 4 is the wine
part 5 is the t-shirt…

I think part 3 is the podcast.

Ah… that makes sense then. Thanks!

Double post…

I bought a pair from best buy for $126 (i know, i know, dumb) and I really liked them. But unless you pair it up with the Barracuda gaming card they’re pretty dumb. I mean the surround was there, but it wasn’t voiced like it should have been. Needless to say I took them back and got my money back then I went to COMPUSA (store closing discounts galore!) and got a pair of Fatal1ty headphones. So far I am very pleased.

Pros: Comfortable as hell, each direction of speaker is fully adjustable, surround sounds great in COD4, blue LEDs make you look like a H4x0r.

Cons: Big, Cord is REALLY long and clumsy, the adjust able volume knob got “scratchy” after a week of use, when using the mic the person on the other end of the convo can hear your game, the mic boom is way too short to be useful.

Hope I helped.

I just received my razer sound card (Love it.) and razer head phones today. The problem I have when I plug the Headphones directly into the sound card, the right surround speaker doesn’t work. I have to use the 2 provided squid adapters to get the speaker to work, which is kind of lame, cause now I have to use a USB slot for power. I don’t know If this is a sound card problem or a headphone problem, but it seems to be a headphone problem.

I’m thinking about sending them back for a refund. I hope everyone test theirs out so we can see if this is a wide spread problem with the razer sound card and headphones combo.

This troubles me cause this is the second time this has happened to me with a set of headphones from Woot!, although it was the Steelsound headphones and the whole USB fiasco. I Just don’t like getting burnt twice.

Hey wanna sell me yours.

mic isnt working for the one that i got. :frowning:

Yeah, busted mic here too. It absolutely won’t pick up sound of any form. Other than that, the set’s excellent- I find it quite comfortable, but maybe that’s becuase I’m used to wearing headphones most of the day- severe MP3 player addict, here. People make jokes about it at work.