Razer HP-1 Barracuda Gaming Headphones

I purchased one of these a while back and use it with my Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe integrated sound… And I have two gripes about it. 1. One of the colors doesn’t match the out ports on my MB and you have to get both manuals out to hook it up right. Not too big of a deal, but 2. The sound out of these produces a slight echo when compared to a two speaker headphone system. It could be that my sound card isn’t syncing up all the different outputs or something but I never noticed it till I started using these headphones.

had the same problem with same mboard, then i bought the razer soundcard last woot and WOW what an amazing difference, I will never buy another creative product again, a company that actually supports there hardware and makes it right the first time at least there are a couple of good soundcard manufacturers out there now.

well I was all ready to drop 65 bucks on these but now I am not so sure!

Don’t need any… thinking of getting Sennheiser HD 280 Pros at some point…

But I gotta tell 'ya Woot – I love the description! It’s awesome.

– J.P.

I also have the Razer Soundcard hooked up to some 2.1 speakers. If I bought these, and hooked them up, would I need to be plugging/unplugging the speaker cables every time I used them? It would be nice if there was a switch I could use to choose speakers or headphones. I don’t like moving my PC setup around so much!

Woot should make the boom microphone more apparent. I was about to pass up on the deal until I saw it. A microphone is a big selling point for hardcore gamers, especially the ones who love to play FPS games online.

I Recieved these, Used them for gaming,they Broke super fast.The whole ear pice snapped off of base.Contacted Razer letting them know what happened.They would not do nothing without the reciept.I recieved these as a birthday gift and as you know they dont come with reciepts,I was a solid razer customer purchaseing there Razer lachisis mouse,there ac-1 sound card,there terantula keyboard but there customer service was a big let down,they are now duck taped together and the right ear wont sit flush so they are pretty much worthless.I can show pics

In for one…first woot! for me, I guess…

I have these and also the Razer soundcard. I love em. My only gripe is that the screw comes loose (in the headset, not me head). Easy enough to use a screwdriver to tighten them up. They’re well worth this price.

I have owned and used pretty much all of the “gaming” headsets, sound cards, and everything else. Heres my take.

The Razer sound card is great. I purchased it from woot the last time it was around, and it is a wonderful sound card for gaming, music, and I use the optical audio out to an audio receiver.

The headset, however, is not the best. It is far from the worst, but in my honest opinion, it is not as good as other (cheaper) gaming headsets. I personally use Icemat Sibera’s right now with the AC-1 Sound card, and I love it. I have also used Steelsound 5Hv2’s and HD555’s. I would say these are about as good as the steel sounds, but not better than HD555’s or Icemats.

But, a lot of it is preference. I have friends who use this headset with the sound card and swear by it. Not a bad price, but from someone who games, I would pass.

Been waiting for this to come back around for about 4 months. Jolly good show.

YOU COULDN’T HAVE HAD THIS ON THE LAST WOOTOFF WHEN WASN’T UNEMPLOYED!?!?!

You probably dont, but you could just get a splitter.

You cannot. The headphones connect directly to the digial output on the back of the card, and the convertor from that output to traditional analog audio jacks never gets attached to the card.

I don’t know if this is a by-design or a problem with my board, but you can’t hot-swap these devices either. Unplugging the headphones or the speaker while the computer is on will immediately dead-freeze your computer, and plugging them back in- or plugging in your other sound system- doesn’t bring it back up.

Yes. I am doing this currently. Nice.

Actually the supplied mic is the worst I’ve seen in a while. Don’t use it… :frowning:

I have the card and the headphones. They are both awesome. The sound is incredible.

I have had none of the issues mentioned by others here. I have also had many other headsets and this one by far surpasses all of them. The mic works great, you just have to turn on your mic boost.

I recommend these to anyone.

anyone ship yet?

Mine hasn’t

same here.