Razer Hydra PC Gaming Controllers

For $35 you can get an xbox controler for windows on amazon. Works with every steam game I’ve tried it on. 5 stars.

Thanks for this, wouldn’t have bought it otherwise since there’s no other way to get the Portal 2 DLC.

I don’t think so, are you thinking of Razer mice? Sixense seems to be doing their own thing for the Hydra.

can this be used for Visual Pinball / VP Mame?

Sorry for the newbee quesiton am i right this is for PC gameing not for PS/2 or XBox…

Why can’t I buy it from Europe?

I kinda doubt it, but you can get Portal 2 for like $10 on Steam, so even without it being bundled in, $40 is a good deal for this (assuming you have games it’ll work with :wink:

Razer Hydra PC Gaming Controllers… bringing the limitations of consoles to the PC.

People saying stuff like this or just buy an Xbox360 controller, you do realize this is a motion tracking controller that uses magnetic fields? It’s a Playstation Move or Wiimote just much more accurate. The company Sixense uses the same technology for the head tracking HUD on Apache attack helicopters.

Yes, it’s for PC only.

That’s the motion sensor:
Video Review:

Many thanks for the link - this is definitely good to know. Though I’d call that text more purple than blue :wink:

I suggest not using this with sharks, as it may result in accidental feedings.

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-12-14/tech/sharks.magnetic.field_1_fields-captive-sharks-behavioral-change?_s=PM:TECH

For anyone else who was confused about the cords. They are attached to the magnetic device and not just to each other.

This resistance is a feature, not a defect. Under each thumbstick there is a dial which changes resistance independently for a custom feel. Check out the first line of the product description. http://tech.woot.com/offers/onza-gaming-controller-for-xbox-360-367

edit: Bought mine refurbished from woot! and it rules.

Just got mine in today. Retail pack. There was a little white residue on the controllers that wiped off.

Sixense got me the Portal 2 DLC within an hour after I sent in my serial which was awesomer than I expected.

For some reason I had the idea in my head that these were wireless, but the wires don’t really get in the way much anyhow. Plenty of length to route around a keyboard or whatever.

I got mine yesterday, plugged it in today. For some reason whenever I try to play a (supported) game, or enable the mouse cursor. The motion cursor starts going ballistic. I can’t find on any troubleshooting sites what the problem could be, and it does it when either controller is the right side. Anyone else have this issue?

Got mine today but I think it’s dead. I have it plugged in and the driver loaded, but I can’t see any way to configure the device. What am I supposed to do?

We recommend that you contact Razer Support and let them know you received a DOA item.

If they prove unhelpful, please feel free to contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they’ll be glad to assist you.

A pleasant day to everyone!

How’s everyone? I hope you’re all having a great day so far. I would like to ask if ever Woot.Com will have another Razer Hydra Sale in the future. If yes, would there be an option that I’ll be informed about it? I missed the last sale and would love to buy one for myself. I was thinking that emailing wooters about certain sale for items will be a good feature to have, so that if they’re looking for specific items to buy, they’ll know about it and will bring more buyers to Woot.Com. Hoping for anyone’s or everyone’s kind and respectable response. Thank you very much and may you all have a very nice day ahead!

Howdy. The nature of our business is a lot of last minute buys so we rarely know future sales. Unfortunately, we don’t have a notification system either at this time. Great idea though!