Razer Lycosa Backlit Gaming Keyboard

Besides the obvious cool visual effects of this keyboard, what makes it so special?

i got one of these last time and this thing is awsome the only isuues there seems to be an interference / feedback issues on the headphone port and the light sometimes can go off on acident this will test your typing skills totaly worth it great for typing in the dark while on cod

Product Website

Amazon Price

Tech Specs from amazon:

Product Features

* Keytop with non-slip rubber finish - optimum tactile comfort and makes slipping up in the heat of action a thing of the past
* Backlight Illumination with WASD cluster lighting option - Make darkness your ally. While your enemies fiddle in the shadows, command precision.
* Fully programmable keys with macro capability - enables instantaneous command executions.
* Keytop with non-slip rubber finish
* Backlight illumination with WASD cluster lighting option

Technical Details

* Keyboard Type: PC Keyboard
* Colors: Black
* Special Features: Illuminated Keys

Review at Overclock3D

and at Hardware Secrets

I use one every day and I love it. Fit and finish is good and the keys have a good positive response. Not too ‘clicky’ and not mushy at all.

Macro capability, mostly. Really useful to be able to assign a whole series of keystrokes to a single button in some games.

Here’s a Previous Woot

Definitely a great keyboard, but the backlight is barely visible. The pic for Woot must have been taken during a total eclipse.

So, looking at the requirements, I guess this does not support macs?

Newegg reviews are helpful. I sorted by negative reviews first just to find the most common issues.

YouTube videos:

review

unboxing

lighting options

I have a rather expensive lighted keyboard (three actually) that I bought about five years ago. (Cost me about $90 each back then). They are great.

These are GREAT when playing games or watching “adult entertainment” because you can turn the lights off and see the keyboard.

Mine are lighted red, which is more appropriate when hanging around the Net red light districts. LOL.

In for two because I really like blue-lighted things.

Woot!

I had a problem with this keyboard with some keystrokes being missed and also the media touchpad not working correctly (“previous track” command would be infinitely pressed).

Razer’s RMA process is quite painless. They ask your serial and model number then give you RMA number. You’ll have to ship it to them and two weeks after they received the broken keyboard a replacement will be sent with the full box and everything.

I changed my mind, in for three since this is a great price for a backlit keyboard.

I’ll regret it later if I pass up this deal.

I bought one last time and my back light works great. I always have the blinds closed though.

two questions, 1. How does this work with Ubuntu? 2. Is it PS/2 or USB?

[MOD: It’s USB]

Note that you’ll need to plug this into 2 USB ports. However, the keyboard includes 1 USB port, so you don’t get gypped.

Thanks for posting your experience. It’s comforting to know that the Company stands behind its products.